Installed THE MUZZY!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:25 AM
Default RE: Installed THE MUZZY!

Well I called starcycle, they said it would be close to a 2-3 weeks[:@] wait before I can get the Muzzy system. They said they have been flying off the shelf. Thats a long time
Oh ya, and the place I ordered the KDX Snorkel from is also out of stock. Looks like alot more people are reading these threads then posting on here lol. Hopefully the 13T sprocket is in stock as well as the dynojet kit, though the Dyno won't do any good until i get the Muzzy

Old 03-25-2006, 12:50 AM

I refuse to involve my 25 year Powertrain Development career in such a useless debate.
It's not useless everyone here is just trying to get the best out of there bike. 25 years of powertrain development could help this forum not hurt it. My opinion on this forum is other people do trial and error to find what works best for this bike, then post there findings to help others. Nothing that is said on this forum is the end all statement. If information is put out that you don't think is true write about it so others can formulate an educated decission. You may know things that I dont, and I may know things that you don't thats what it's about a full melting pot of information.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:56 AM

Well I called starcycle, they said it would be close to a 2-3 weeks wait before I can get the Muzzy system. They said they have been flying off the shelf. Thats a long time
Oh ya, and the place I ordered the KDX Snorkel from is also out of stock. Looks like alot more people are reading these threads then posting on here lol. Hopefully the 13T sprocket is in stock as well as the dynojet kit, though the Dyno won't do any good until i get the Muzzy
Ya gravy train said his muzzy is on back order threw star cycle also. You might have a little better luck ordering direct at a little extra cost. if you feel like going threw the pain of re-jetting the carb twice you can still re-jet, change the needle, and drill the slide hole with the stock pipe on.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:35 AM

ORIGINAL: sdunne

I really think you have been listening to many penny pinchers talking themselves out of buying a new exhaust system.
I tend to agree with this, although I also prefer quieter exhausts. I wish the Muzzy was a little quieter, but There seems to be no happy medium.

How do I know that he Muzzy makes more power. Simple science. With ALL of the other mods I was running a leaner needle and a 122 main jet. The Muzzy requires a 128 main jet. My mileage has not dropped significantly... there for I can conclude that more fuel + more air = more power.

The State Park I'm going to lists their noise limit at 87dB! However, I have talked to severla other people that ride there, and I'm assured it's not strictly enforced and there are plenty of loud ATV's and MX bikes out there.

I do have concerns that we are losing riding areas, but at the same time the popularity of off road riding is making a resurgance, and motorcyles as a whole have a dramatically larger following than in the past.

I may try putting the stock snorkle back on and see what the affect is. I'm guessing it will get rich at the top end and lose some power.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Mototguy:
The snorkle should help you with "pass-by" noise, but when the static sound measurment is taken at a "neutral run-up" the throttle is not open enough to make a difference. The intake noise is usaauly heard under "laoded" conditions.

Don

Old 03-27-2006, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

OK Seth, I'll agree the information is not useles but this so called debate is!
I'll share knowlege and information with others who are willing to listen intelegently.

As for "penny pinching" possibly some of us resaerch what we spend our money on to determine if it's truly beificial for the dollars spent. If you want to spend $500.00 just to have a different pipe thats louder and gives you a couple HP at high RPM thats your choice and I'm sure the guys at MUZZY love you for doing so because there marketing people have been sucessful.

The intebnded use of this bike is a "Dual Pupsoe" motorcycle which I am very pleased with. If I wanted a motorcross bike I would have bought one.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:07 PM

OK Seth, I'll agree the information is not useles but this so called debate is!
I'll share knowlege and information with others who are willing to listen intelegently.

As for "penny pinching" possibly some of us resaerch what we spend our money on to determine if it's truly beificial for the dollars spent. If you want to spend $500.00 just to have a different pipe thats louder and gives you a couple HP at high RPM thats your choice and I'm sure the guys at MUZZY love you for doing so because there marketing people have been sucessful.

The intebnded use of this bike is a "Dual Pupsoe" motorcycle which I am very pleased with. If I wanted a motorcross bike I would have bought one.
Ok debate over agree to disagree, about the motocross thing, I just like to beat the hell out of bikes regardless of what type. When I had a CBR I tryed to jump that too(mainly over railroad tracks and drop off intersections).

Old 03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Come on guys.....where's the love? The comment..."I really think you have been listening to many penny pinchers talking themselves out of buying a new exhaust system." may be true, and I am a guy that really tries to watch my "pennies" so I hope that just because some of us don't have the money to go out and buy $3,000.00 worth of accessories that our knowledge will not be overlooked. Some of the best ideas come from making do with what you have, or don't have. Anyway Let's not get into what all the other forums do with the arguing and name calling, we are not 14 here. Take care guys, and remember its just a great place to share ideas while at the same time to discuss all the options without judgement. Have a great day, and keep the good information coming.

deej

Old 03-27-2006, 06:15 PM

Way to reply deej. Now let me know what size tires you got and the tube sizes too lol. I'm running low on tread, need to order quick.

Old 03-27-2006, 07:54 PM

So Todd, get our Muzzy yet??
I called Starcycle to cancel my order for the Muzzy which I placed on Friday, and they said that Muzzy has already shipped the order to them so that it can be sent to me from Starcycles place. Doesn't seem like they are short on the Mufflers like everyones been talking about. For me to cancel my order it would be a 20% Restock fee, which I will in no way in hell pay. So I decided to just take the pipe. I was just going to leave my bike stock, but I guess now I have no choice[:@]. I was gonna use that money to buy a nice mac daddy helmet. Oh well, looks like I'll have to just add more power too it.

Quick Reply: Installed THE MUZZY!