industructable turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
wow i just looked back and say this. im guessing the bike isnt in north america, any full picks of the pipe. definally looking at new signals .
Exhaust photo attached.

In the UK, the rear indicators need 240mm between them, and front need 300mm. Which looks rubbish on the rear of such a narrow bike. This is why I was running with stock ones, till I could work out a better mounting point. You've got to stick to the law, right!..

Attached Thumbnails industructable turn signals?-p1000779.jpg  
Old 04-22-2010, 04:34 PM
1st Gear Member

ive about tryed to brake them off, doesnt work.
Where did you get them? are they amber when lit?

Old 04-22-2010, 08:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by UKKLX
You've got to stick to the law, right!..
dude, half the guys in cali could have there bike inpounded right now as they sit (removing the cat and air system is a CRIME in cali). i would worry about blinker distance unless they really check it. in all my years modding bikes and cars, i have only seen one cop that actually knew what he was doing. checking carb stickers for intake and headers, head light height (22 inches atleast), window tint (no front tint, i got a ticket for the STOCK window tint), and that was in san deigo by there street racing team, dragnet (car meet in a packing lot got called in by some jackass for street racing when it totally wasnt). if you guys ever say truelife im a street racer on mtv, i got a ticket from the cop they road along with.

cliffnotes:dont worry about the popo, they dont know the diffrence between a jelly and a glazed.

edit: divo, there from a web site, thinks its called luckybiker.com. they flash amber when on, and during the day may be hard to see but at night i think there fine, they make a fair amount of light then.

Last edited by punkenduro09; 04-22-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:07 AM

dude, half the guys in cali could have there bike inpounded right now as they sit (removing the cat and air system is a CRIME in cali). i would worry about blinker distance unless they really check it.
Yeah. That last line was my attempt at sarcasm.

These things only get checked if you have an accident or get pulled by someone who knows their stuff.

Having said that I try to keep on the right side of law. It's not like I'm about to install a 12oclocklabs.com Edge Tail Light w/ Integrated Blinkers. They look worst than the integrated ones you see on sports bikes.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:36 AM

cliffnotes:dont worry about the popo, they dont know the diffrence between a jelly and a glazed.
Big difference between jelly and glazed. You can't read what the nice officer wrote on your ticket if jelly is stuck all over it. For the glazed ticket, you can see through that. Now only if they would dye the powder on doughnuts black to match the uniform. Life would be good.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the ideas guys. Tonight I came out of a sneaky trail out on the highway right in front of a LEO. He followed me for a few miles and a few stop sign turns. At that point I was glad I had full size tail and brake light, working signals, and lighted lic plate. Luckily I has de-mudded my plate before hitting the road or i bet he would have stopped me.