Im sure you all remember this feeling.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Im sure you all remember this feeling.....

Ya know, the feeling you got when u purchased or put a down payment on the klx250s.I just went to my local kawi dealer and got to see and sit on an 09 klx250s, red one, i was sold right away, the digi gauge is awsome, bike felt very light,and this thing just looks soooo niceeeeee.the red looked very nice,buti put a down payment of 10% for them to find me a green one, something about that kawi racing green i love.the sales guy told me that these new 09s are selling like hotcakes,and that he just sold a green one last weekend.so he told me it might take a week or two to find one. I told him no problem.Took a brochure(i am a read freak when it comes to this bike)and left. He then called me within 20minutes and told me he found a green one already!!,and that itll be here on saturday,if not monday the latest. wohooooo, i cant waiiiitttt.

and tommorow im selling my 05 cbr600rr to someone who is interested. wow this week cant get any better .

-ry

Old 06-26-2008, 08:58 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Im sure you all remember this feeling.....

I'm still riding that same emotional high, mate. Less than 200 miles on mine. One week today! I, too, had to put down a deposit and wait to find a green... took a few weeks, but they got one (and a red that they now have on the sales floor). The digi gauge and revised suspension were two of the big sales points for me. From my research these things are indeed selling mad-fast.

Welcome from one noob to another!

Old 06-26-2008, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Anyone have close up shots of the digi-gauge panel? I haven't seen the 09's yet.

Wonder if they can be fitted to pre-09's?

Old 06-26-2008, 10:05 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CousinLarry

Anyone have close up shots of the digi-gauge panel? I haven't seen the 09's yet.
Ask and you shall receive! Just ran outside and snapped these with my cameraphone (2 megapixel) so the quality isn't great... I can snag a couple with the digital camera if these aren't good enough. Hope these are what you want. As for fitment to earlier models, don't get me lying.

Name:  f874c890.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  49.3 KB

Name:  64533ee2.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  59.7 KB

Old 06-26-2008, 10:25 PM
1st Gear Member

whats the light to the right of the "reset" button? is it fuel light?,is there a fuel gauge, or you just gotta feel for it?

thnx,
ry

Old 06-26-2008, 10:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Those actually aren't anything, just stylized indentions in the dash.

HOWEVER, the book says that the odometer is a fuel warning light. I've never ran it that low yet and the book does not illustrate what it says, I'd imagine when you got low enough in the tank or started to lose pressure, it would change from mileage reading to "FUEL"... but that's just my wild guess.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:41 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cliffsta

Those actually aren't anything, just stylized indentions in the dash.

HOWEVER, the book says that the odometer is a fuel warning light. I've never ran it that low yet and the book does not illustrate what it says, I'd imagine when you got low enough in the tank or started to lose pressure, it would change from mileage reading to "FUEL"... but that's just my wild guess.
i have ran low enough for the bike to shut down, had to switch to reserve twice now and havent noticed anything change on the dash

Old 06-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Ryan, welcome to the forums, I must have missed your post in the new members section................oh yea you didn't post one. Just messing man, again welcome and have fun. Who knows, maybe your just the tip of the iceberg of guys selling their street bikes and getting a bike that is ...well......better.[8D]

Old 06-27-2008, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

hey deej,ya sorry about not going in the new members area,i did have another post about a week ago in this section revealing myself and story.im just so glued to this section,very imformative.

Yea as far as me switching from the street bike to the dual sport, i just am bored of the street bike, its been sitting in my garage and its an 05 with only 1700miles on it, goes to show ya how limited ive been on that bike.
I really have always wanted a dirtbike and at the same time would like to be able to hit thepavementwhen needed.so this bike seems perfect. do you really think the kawi is a better bike???maybe your right, better gas mileage,off road capability,cheaper to insure,very mod friendly,have i missed anything?

i really wasjust aboutset on adrz-400 or the wr250r, but the looksof theklx iloved better,and the gauges,as well as price,color,insurance,and as i see on these forums theavailablepotential for power after some mods.(big bore,fullexhuast,rejet in the future) just basically wanteda high fun factor, low maintence dual sport......think i found what iwas looking for[sm=yeahsmile.gif]

ry

Old 06-27-2008, 03:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Dual-Sport is the only way to go down here, IMHO. Besides the fact that we don't own a truck, much less a trailor... all the trails criss-cross the old concrete roads of the Army camp, and a fair amount of the trails and intersections have been demolished by ATVs. So to be able to legally hop on the concrete and jump back on the trail somewhere's else is nice. Plus the adventure factor. I'm new to motorcycles, so just puttering around is a blast to me. I spent two hours today just zig-zagging abandoned concrete roads and exploring... something you can't do on a straight dirt-bike, unless you don't mind constantly paying tickets to the forest service. And its super nice to get ready to ride, hop on the bike, scoot out to the woods in 10 minutes flat, and then ride, and whenever you're done, hop back on the roads and head out.

Quick Reply: Im sure you all remember this feeling.....