I'm still green at heart

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 06:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm still green at heart

The WR would be my choice if it were a dual sport. It's bullet proof, has more than adequate power and the support/partsare readily availabe. Also, when it comes to 4 strokes and related valve issues when you constantly run the snot out of them, the WR rules supreme. No contest in my mind...unless you race professionally.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:15 AM

WOW, Where did all this come from? I have a 175 HP beast in my garage and I still love my KLX! Do some research before you buy a bike! There are all kinds of machines out there get the one that suites your needs and be happy. My KLX does exactly what I bought it for and it's way more fun than I thought it would be. I can ride a wheelie on my bike for as long as I want. 1st-3rd gears it will ****** right up with a little clutch action. Please, if you like to do wheelies and can't on this bike you need to go to wheelie school.

BTW, There in no way a Susucky 400 willpull a wheelie at70 MPH!

Old 03-10-2007, 04:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Now lets not drag us Yankees into the same mix as trolls here.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:18 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

actually, the WR is a fair apples to apples comparison. that bike comes probably the most choked up out of the TE or EXC's even though it is not street legal.
Are you sure about that Iowa? I'm not sure I follow what the purpose would be of choking up a non-street legal dirt bike. What would the mfg gain by choking it up??

Old 03-11-2007, 04:46 AM

They have to meet EPA regs as far as emmisions and noise. Or choose to I guess, makes little sense to make a trail/woods bike thats not legal on the trails/woods!

Old 03-11-2007, 05:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Gotcha.. So because its trails and woods rated (ie not track rated which is basically wide open) it has to pass a certain level of emissions standards. I was thinking it was just noise (98 decibels in most states) and spark arrestor.

OK, that makes more sense...

Old 03-11-2007, 05:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I better clarify what I said. I'm very happy with my KLX and don't have plans to change anytime soon. I was just saying what would be my choice IF I felt the need to get something in the 450cc class.

My KLX gives me tons of fun at 60+ MPG and there are too many incentives to stay in the 250cc class here in Japan. It's big enough to be legalon the toll roads and expressways, but not big enough to require an annual inspection. That's without taking into account that I probably will bebe in stealth mode with 331cc's next year.Yosh cams and the Clark tank might make itto the bikethis season.

My last two bikes were the a Blackbird and a YZF-1000R andI canhonestly say thatI'veenjoyed thislittle bike as much or more than the big machines, although in a different way. Putting your head up to enjoy the scenery is not as overrated as I hadonce thought

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R

WOW, Where did all this come from? I have a 175 HP beast in my garage and I still love my KLX! Do some research before you buy a bike! There are all kinds of machines out there get the one that suites your needs and be happy. My KLX does exactly what I bought it for and it's way more fun than I thought it would be. I can ride a wheelie on my bike for as long as I want. 1st-3rd gears it will ****** right up with a little clutch action. Please, if you like to do wheelies and can't on this bike you need to go to wheelie school.

BTW, There in no way a Susucky 400 willpull a wheelie at70 MPH!

Old 03-13-2007, 02:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Any new updates for us, how's it been treating you? Any new pictures?

Quick Reply: I'm still green at heart