I'm still green at heart

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 05:25 AM
Default I'm still green at heart

But I'm all blue on the outside

Hey, wait a second, that doesn't say 250f, does it?

450f! W00t!

I decieded that since a 250 KLX was a definatly underpowered, a stock Wr25of would be the same story, only it would unplug a little better. However, I was aiming for a bike that I did not have to massage power out of to really enjoy. Enter the Wr450F. Word on the street is it runs as well as a yz250f, all plugged up... and when you open it up if you feel the need...

Well lets just say with my 120lbs on it... its gonna fly.

I like the digital dash, for a stocker its the best, since the 450x didn't have any dash. I'd prefer a Vapor, but again Im just after a stock bike that I can ride, enjoy, and improve my skills on. I think this stock 450f motor has enough pull, and it pulls, from the bottom all the way to the top, that Ill be conent for quite a few years and even with a few extra pounds.

So I think NoBrakes has the edge on me with his GayTM, I mean KTM but after 5.5 miles, I still can't wipe the grin off my face....

Now its time to pawn the KLX...

Old 03-09-2007, 05:34 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm still green at heart

Very nice! I sat on a WR the other day, it felt really good.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Traitor!!! lol[sm=joke.gif]

Nobrakes, when the hell did you pick up a KTM? Did I miss something?[:-]

Old 03-09-2007, 09:42 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

Traitor!!! lol[sm=joke.gif]

Nobrakes, when the hell did you pick up a KTM? Did I miss something?[:-]
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_117865/tm.htm

Old 03-09-2007, 03:52 PM

We already have two Green at heart threads (I stole NoBrakes title, since I've got nothing better to do ) I wonder how many more we will have this year!

I can't say anything bad about the KLX, it was a nice machine to get into the world of dual sporting and dirt biking. My previous bike, a Yamaha TW200 was a horrible machine.... the KLX blew it away. I'd recomend to to any one looking for an affordable dual sport, and I hope someone is looking for one [:@]

Old 03-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Seems lots of people are getting rid of the underpowered anemic klx20s. I had a klx250s for 3 weeks before selling it and losing $2000 on that deal. Bought a drz400e and man what world of difference, Im glad I found a buyer for the klx250 right away because I was pretty disapointed that the klxs is such a mutt. Even the Super sherpa is a better bike IMO than the klx250s.

For those wanting to buy a klx250, DON"T , they arent worth the money.I recomenda DRZ400S or E.A little extra money spent to buy a drz is worth it.

C\

Old 03-09-2007, 04:08 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: westcanca

Seems lots of people are getting rid of the underpowered anemic klx20s. I had a klx250s for 3 weeks before selling it and losing $2000 on that deal. Bought a drz400e and man what world of difference, Im glad I found a buyer for the klx250 right away because I was pretty disapointed that the klxs is such a mutt. Even the Super sherpa is a better bike IMO than the klx250s.

For those wanting to buy a klx250, DON"T , they arent worth the money.I recomenda DRZ400S or E.A little extra money spent to buy a drz is worth it.

C\
Buzz off idiot troll.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:12 PM

It's a true story ****ole, and my opinion. I even sold the bike to a member of this forum and I think he even sold it as well.

[8D]

Old 03-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IchWarriorMkII
I can't say anything bad about the KLX, it was a nice machine to get into the world of dual sporting and dirt biking. My previous bike, a Yamaha TW200 was a horrible machine.... the KLX blew it away. I'd recomend to to any one looking for an affordable dual sport, and I hope someone is looking for one [:@]
+1

I loved my KLX. The KTM was more one of those lust purchases, but I was very happy with the KLX. If I could afford to keep both, I would.

Quick Reply: I'm still green at heart