I'm Sorry to Report This . . . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Default RE: I'm Sorry to Report This . . . . . .

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi

Sad to say, I too have just been diagnosed with MBD.
We had the misfortune of picking up a new KLX250S and a 2006 Super Sherpa for the wife at the same time.
I'm afraid this condition could be a hard one to remedy.
How does the Sherpa compare with the KLX? I've always been interested in a Sherpa, and have come close to buying one several times -- if I could get a NEW one (can't in the USA of course) I might do it.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:02 PM

O D S,

The Super Sherpa is a great bike. However, it is not in the same category as the KLX250S is. The KLX has much better power, suspension, tires, suspension, power, brakes, power and suspension than the Super Sherpa.

I've ridden both and the KLX is the winner, hands down!

The Sherpa is a great little bike in it's own right though. If you just want to ride down a trail and have a good old time, the Sherpa works great for that.

It's all in what you need in a bike.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:13 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

O D S,

The Super Sherpa is a great bike. However, it is not in the same category as the KLX250S is. The KLX has much better power, suspension, tires, suspension, power, brakes, power and suspension than the Super Sherpa.

The Sherpa is a great little bike in it's own right though. If you just want to ride down a trail and have a good old time, the Sherpa works great for that.

Marty, do you think the KLX has better suspension than the Sherpa?

Old 06-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

What about the suspension? LOL Just messing with you Marty. Wasn't it you that said something like when you tee it up like that we have to hit it? LOL

Old 06-29-2006, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Marty

O D S,

Okay, the KLX has better brakes -- but, does it have better power and suspension?

Old 06-29-2006, 05:34 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ODS, Sully,

The KLX is way more machine than the Sherpa... The KLX is 90% trail/mx and 10% street, whereas the Sherpa is 80% trail (0% MX) and 20% street. The power output is actually pretty close to the KLX. It kinda makes me jealous because her exhaust outlet on the Sherp is twice the size of the teeny little KLX hole. Her's sounds meaner than mine right now (not for long).

But it has less wheel travel, shorter seat height (and an oh so soft seat), shorter wheelbase, softer springs, etc.
Made for smaller riders on the not-so-gnarly trails.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:47 PM
1st Gear Member

We need pictures of you and the wife on your bikes.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:01 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Here's a couple of me and the wifey on our first little adventure...
We kept to the easy trails that day because she's still getting used to her machine.
Plus, we're still waiting for her Acerbis bark busters and didn't want to snap any levers!

Old 07-01-2006, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member

So that's what the sherpa looks like, very cool. I wonder if I could drive up there and buy one, but then I already bought the Yamaha XT 225 for the wife, so I guess I wont. I have heard good things about the Yamaha though, it's been around for a while too.

Old 07-01-2006, 08:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey did you teach her to ride? Did she already know how to ride? I'm trying to figure out how the process works. I mean I know how to ride, been ridding since I was like 10, but my wife has only rode our 1980 Yamaha QT 50 moped (with 380 miles) I bought it a while back, but then there is no clutch, so I'm just trying to get ideas on how to teach her how to ride the Yamaha 225.[&:]

Quick Reply: I'm Sorry to Report This . . . . . .