I'm Sorry to Report This . . . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Default I'm Sorry to Report This . . . . . .

It is with deep sorrow that I have to report this. Seems as though our dear friend Deej has fallen to the throws of a horrible disease I have fought, but never defeated. That disease is known as "Multiple Bike Disorder" and can hit us at anytime. It is not mindful of age, sex, race, creed or national origin. It can and does strike all motorcyclists around the world.

How do I know this you ask? Simple, just read his own account of the onset of this malady . . .

"On another note I think I just bought two more bikes. Since Kawasaki doesn't offer a smaller or shorter DS I started looking around the shop. I had my wife sit on the Yamaha XT 225 and she could almost get both feet flat on the ground, and my son sat on the KLX 110 and could almost do the same, he's 9. So I applied for the Yamaha card and got approved in 5 minutes. So when I bring my bike home in the next couple of weeks I might actually be bringing two companions with it, we'll see. Here's a couple of links to the bikes I looked at today.

http://www.papowerequipment.com/new_...sc=Motorcycles

http://www.papowerequipment.com/new_...sc=Motorcycles

< Message edited by deej -- 6/28/2006 12:13:11 AM >

"One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced.

Think of your three closest friends. If they seem normal......
you're the one!"

Deric (Deej)
Forks, Washington
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
"

Being one also afficted with this disorder, I fully understand how simple and innocent the start of MBD can be. However, Deej has a very advanced case of it. Case in point - he is buying multiple motorcycles in a single purchase! That is worse than even I have the disease!

Sorry brother, but there is no turning back now. You will need a bigger garage!

Old 06-28-2006, 04:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm Sorry to Report This . . . . . .

I too have a similar disorder. I have recently sold my '05 DR200, and am only housing the KLR and KLX. But...THIS 07 KLR is screaming at me. I see yellow fork boots and yellow trimmed Corbin seat and $2000+ in farkles. Being a cheapskate is my personal therapy.

Then, again. This one has 40K on the ticker and it's dirty(occasionally).

Old 06-28-2006, 05:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Hang in there Deej, you'll feel better when you get the bikes home (for a while). Then you'll come out of remission and start looking for another bike. Before you know it, you won't have the time to clean them all. Hehehe

Tony, I recognize that helmet. What are you going to do with the old KLR?? I think I might have a touch of MBD as well.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:03 PM

wait .... wait ... wait ... deej is buying other people in his family bikes so they can ride as well? That's not a disorder. He's just wanting to spend more time with his family and unless they're on some backroad with him - he'd never see them. He's just being considerate.

Now - if deej goes out and buys HIMSELF a few more bikes ... THAT is a disorder.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sullydirt

Tony, I recognize that helmet. What are you going to do with the old KLR?? I think I might have a touch of MBD as well.
The Green Hornet is in such fantastic condition, it is very hard to justify the '07. Now, if F1 Engineering puts the tank and plastic on Ebay...done deal.[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 06-29-2006, 03:09 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well it looks like we have decided to buy just the Yamaha for the wife right now, I don't need three payments.[:@]

Old 06-29-2006, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Sad to say, I too have just been diagnosed with MBD.
We had the misfortune of picking up a new KLX250S and a 2006 Super Sherpa for the wife at the same time.
I'm afraid this condition could be a hard one to remedy.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:06 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Well it looks like we have decided to buy just the Yamaha for the wife right now, I don't need three payments.[:@]
Deej, maybe you can find a used dirt bike for your son. He'll probably out grow it in a few years anyway.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:48 AM

ORIGINAL: sullydirt

ORIGINAL: deej

Deej, maybe you can find a used dirt bike for your son. He'll probably out grow it in a few years anyway.

Craigslist is the place for that!

Old 06-29-2006, 09:59 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I love craig's list, unfortunately I can afford payments, but can't seem to save cash, oh well. What if one of our friend from up north bought a 2006 KL250 Super Sherpa and sold it to the dealer in Port Angeles, then I could buy it from them??? Hmmmmmm maybe not.

Quick Reply: I'm Sorry to Report This . . . . . .