I'm shocked...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 03:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm shocked...

Mine has been sitting in the garage (un heated) since Chistmas Eve...I have an exhaust on order, so last week i took the carb out and switched the jets up from the 132 to a 128, moved the clip to the third slot (from 4th) and since I didn't add stabil to the gas in the fall, i drained and added 1 gallon of fresh fuel with stabilizer in it. Charged the battery and drained the float bowl via the tip over method...she took a few cranks, but did fire up, shut the choke off after about 20 secs..idled a few more secs and quit...but i felt it smoked a bit more than I would say is normal...come to find out I added too much stabilizer to the fuel[]..so i got another gallon of gas and topped up the tank..but haven't ran it again since..actually thinking about draining the tank into a 5 gallon jug so that all the fresh gas I got gets mixed with the stabilizer to make the ratio correct.

Will the stabilizer hurt anything? IE will it eat any gasgets or seals? I put enough stabil for 2 gallons into the first gallon...ooops, then just added raw fuel to the tank to top it off, so it's just shy of 2 gallons with stabilizer for 2 gallons.[&:]

Old 03-24-2008, 03:56 PM

Mine sat for a year while I was deployed. It started right up when I returned. All I did was put Stabil in it before I left.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

This is great! I love reading these 'my bike starts right up and runs fine' posts. Much less depressing than the usual 'what's wrong with my bike?'type.

For whatever reason, I just assumed the battery would die over the winter. I'm still going to pick up a tender for nextyear though, just to be thorough. I don't think the Sta-Bil will damage anything, the manual actually recommends it by name.

C'mon Spring!!