I'm down again

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 12:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm down again

yeah...me and the wife had a good chuckle about it too.....as we were up to no good a few minutes before the injury moment.....

Old 01-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

heal up quick bro!!

Old 01-03-2008, 04:00 PM
1st Gear Member

im in the same boat. broke my left leg sunday playin hockey.... gotta heal fast not only to ride but also got the next series of games on jan 12th and 13th in san antonio

best of luck to ya!

Old 01-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: justanotheradikt

im in the same boat. broke my left leg sunday playin hockey.... gotta heal fast not only to ride but also got the next series of games on jan 12th and 13th in san antonio

best of luck to ya!
So a broken leg heals in 2 weeks now? Wow what will they think of next. Sorry, I'm confused, (insert old man joke here)

Old 01-03-2008, 04:21 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

Yep, been there done that and I do feel your pain! But in the end, it's all about the stories and the scars!!

I did this in 1987 and it's been a beeeeatch ever since. The ankle joint is completely gone - bone on bone.

That's just plain old messed up!!! You know what they say, once you turn 40 and you break something,....it just stays broke.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

anyone watch scarred on MTV?? crazy stuff....

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/scarred/series.jhtml

Old 01-03-2008, 05:09 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

best of luck to ya!
So a broken leg heals in 2 weeks now? Wow what will they think of next. Sorry, I'm confused, (insert old man joke here)
not healed, just healed enough (hopefully) to play a few shifts. def wont be out as long as i usually am but just to get a few shifts in. if its still killin me then no i wont play but its lookin decent so far.

besides it wasnt a bad break, more of a fracture. def not as bad as klx250s_rider. lol.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member

deej, that quote you are talking about "60% of the time, it works every time" is Brian Fantana from Anchorman, talking about his black panther (or something) cologne. "I'll be completely honest that smells like pure gasoline."

Old 01-03-2008, 07:32 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

best of luck to ya!
not healed, just healed enough (hopefully) to play a few shifts. def wont be out as long as i usually am but just to get a few shifts in. if its still killin me then no i wont play but its lookin decent so far.

besides it wasnt a bad break, more of a fracture. def not as bad as klx250s_rider. lol.
Well everyone get better, there are places to see and hills to climb and rivers to cross. For the rest of you slab guys, have fun on the blacktop, I'm pretty sure its not too boring right?

Old 01-03-2008, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]....On the bright side....I conned a light duty work release from my Orthopeadic doctor today and i'm a go for work....with no lifting or carrying of anything at all...That is good enough for me that i conned my boss into letting me work 7pm-3am to service the heavy trucks at the shop.changing oil on big rigs is light duty right?...well compared to what i normally do i guess it is.I'm also the one to be doing all the electronics diagnostics work for heavy truck ABS and engine systems during this time so ....nice i got some gravy work for my few weeks off and i can still pay my bills.My foreman told me to relax the rest of the week and then i'll be back at it on monday night.boy is this a relief......Now i guess i should get my pickup inspected [:'(]as i obviously can't ride the bike to work like i have been doing.

Quick Reply: I'm down again