I RODE A DRZ 400!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I RODE A DRZ 400!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I see, they never ran it over with the flex screw. Too bad for you 09 owners. Keep some of that burn ointment with you. Hehehe

Old 06-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

yeah, I know what you mean. it's different for the '09.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Who freakin cares if there is a mini van in the background, to each his own. The bike is SWEET! I'd cut my left... well, I'd cut something off to have it!! You guys are pretty entertaining. We need a klx reality show. I'd watch.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

"it's a really cool vehicle"??? your killin' me[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 06-04-2008, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

lmao, I just don't get some of these guys. a DRZ will run and hide from a KLX all day. it comes down to common sense- 20 horse vs. 35 horse. just like a KLX450 would do the same to the DRZbut not in such a dramatic fashion as the DRZ vs. the KLX.
The E model is lighter but it now has the CV carb and some of you think that's a downgrade from the earlier E models' FCR. The DRZ to get is by far the SM. It has better brakes and suspension. The S and E models have old non usd front forks. Yes my KLX runs really good right now compared to stock, but my stock DRZ would still outmuscle it on acceleration in a laughable fashion. But the KLX would outrun it in a top-end race. That's where the DRZ fails, it needs one more gear. Gear the DRZ up and put a full Yoshi on it and you're talking around 40 rwhp. It's quite a versatile motorcycle.
Heh IG,

Just when I'm half agreeing with you about the DRZ, you say go for the SM?
That's a purpose built super moto and not a dual purpose.
IMHO It's a fashion statement.

Lets see it run and hide from me here

Name:  EndOfTheTrack.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  59.8 KB

Or here

Name:  ParkWhereYouCan.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  64.6 KB

Even the e version can't run and hide when it's that tough.

What I don't get is that you bought another KLX!!!
You think the DRZ is a far far better bike but you bought the KLX!!!

Oh that's right, you hardly ride so what difference does it make?

Old 06-04-2008, 02:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Haha, so.. IG.. THis MX raceing you used to do.. What did you race? I bet you were too younge to even work on the bikes you raced. Giving the reason you never ripped into the bikes. You never actually "RACED" them. Just putted around a closed coarse with a few other kids, and called yourself a MX er!
Lets see some pics, you must have them.
You know everything anyway. The DRZ can walk all over the KLX anywhere.. SO why buy a KLX? Oh wait... You did. Oh, and you used to own one too. Which also makes you better than everyone else, as well as your opinion. And the guy who owns BOTH right NOW!!!! his opinion dosn't matter. Only yours. Your right, everyone else is wrong.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331
"it's a really cool vehicle"??? your killin' me[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Exactly !!
[sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif]

Old 06-04-2008, 04:31 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

ORIGINAL: captaintrps

IG can race a two stroke a whole season without doing the top end, even once!!!

IG puts a dented pipe on a brand new bike!!

You neve know with this dude. He'll spin things, take them out of context and argue both sides of the fence depending on what day of the week it is.

You're a poser IG. Who else goes out and buys a dented Muzzy to put on a brand new bike? Maybe you need to update your .sig. You left out "brain removed".

Duh.

If the dents didn't matter, Muzzy would put them there to begin with.

But hey, you can't see them right! So, they must not be there!
wtf? what's thisthread got to do with anythingyou just said? obviously you're jealous, it's so transparent. If I'm a "poser", how come I'm the one usually on here tearing into his **** and posting pictures? You're evidently also jealous I got a great deal on a mildly dented Muzzy for $100. We've been over this before, NO ONE thought the dents affected performance. If you want me to dig up the threads I will. I don't think I'll have to though. You just insulted pretty much everyone on here who said the dents wouldn't affect performance. You're the poser buddy. You wish you could buy a DRZSM, and then a 2009 KLX to replace it with. You wish you were IG, that's it. LMAO
Sure if you really want the truth, my ocd wishes I had a brand new Muzzy header but it's okay because the dents are on the inside of the header by the engine towards the frame and you can't see them at all. You couldn't tell they were there if you saw my bike. I'll go snap a pic for you. hold on.
Sure the dents don't belong there and sure muzzy doesn't put dents in their pipes, but what about the muzzy owners who intentionally dented their pipes just to get them to clear the footpeg, are they posers too? Or the ones like deej who ground down their footpeg to get it to clear the muzzy pipe, is that a poser thing too? btw, I had to do that too. when you typed the word "duh", you pretty much said it all about you and where you come from.
Naw you're the poser and captaintrps already has your number and got you pegged.

Just for all the new guys, Iowa has been posting this drama and bs for over two years. Here are some classic quotes from IG just from one thread back in late 06.

If you want come comical reading, do a search in the klx250s section for username "Guest" ... Iowa is the only member that has ever been banned, and a keyword like muzzy....or better yet nitrous.

The follow quotes are from our illustrious poster on just ONE THREAD lmfao. .... see any contradictions. BTW this was a 280 lb guy with a new klx asking for advice.

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy
ntloser, do NOT listen to the above comment regarding the Uni-filter not making a "profound difference". I just installed one in my bike which has all the mods on your wish list plus a biggun EvoX full system, the best for the KLX imo. Let me tell you that the Uni-filter not only makes a profound difference, but it is a must if you plan on opening up your airbox and doing carb/exhaust work. I waited until 2 days ago to put one in and my bike gained a substantial amount of power down low- a HUGE amount. The person who made that comment has lots of unnecessary accessories (to me anyways) on his bike which probably weights it down. Plus he has a Muzzy which may or may not make as much power as a full-on BigGun system. I like to keep it simple and my bike will do 3rd gear wheelies. I weigh in at 150 lbs. The air filter may be the single most important mod you can do- after all, all that effort and thinking that you're doing to get more air into the airbox has to travel through one thing- the air filter. Trust me, you don't want to wait on this like nobrakes has encouraged you to do. Don't get the dynojet kit. Order the N1TC needle with circlip and washer. This way you have factory oem parts and can adjust it in a jiffy if you need to. Also, you probably won't need the 40 pilot jet as I left the 35 in and it is spot on. The 128 is what I have and it will rev to redline without hesitation. The biggun is a must if you want serious horsepower gains. Drill the stock pipe all you want, but you need to get rid of the weight and choking hold the stock exhaust system has on your engine.
If you're on a budget, I would suspect, no I would bet, no I'll guarantee that a pipe and carb work will make more power than a 300cc kit. 2 rwhp gain is not even close. I am thinking I have gained at least 10 horse with all my mods. I was gonna dyno it friday night but they wanted $50, no thanks.
The reason to buy the oem needle and other jets is that you can buy them cheaper than buying the whole dynojet kit. It's like $40 shipped from ronayers.com for the main jet, N1TC needle, circlip, and washer. The dyno kit is like $60 or so.
Regarding the Uni-filter- it IS the choice of all the factory MX teams, I doubt you'll see RC lining up at the gate with a stock filter in his airbox. You decide. For $25 or so, it's a no brainer for me. I wish you could ride my bike just so you can trust me.
Invest your money in a full system, carb mods which is cheap, filter, 13-tooth cs sprocket and you'll be happy. Adjust your suspension settings all to their max and you'll be good to go. Next year do the 300 kit or suspension springs. Changing springs in your forks really isn't that hard anyways. The rear should be ok if you jack the preload up and turn the compression to it's max setting. Unless you're full on MX'ing the thing, you'll be okay. We're not experts on here, and if your a little heavy you'll be okay 95% of the time. Just turn your settings to the max. People who revalve their shocks are usually not as good as they think they are. Some are, but others just like to bring a sticker to the gate.
looks good, just don't order that dumb dynojet kit. that will add unnecessary expense. order a 128 main and a 40 pilot (along with the N1TC needle and circlip and washer) if you so choose and it will only be around $10 for both jets- but the 40 pilot is really not necesary. I'd recommend the biggun full evoX system instead of Muzzy. There have been Muzzy owners on here talking about how they had to dent in their pipes to clear the rear footpeg as it is bent as such that it will not clear the footpeg when folded down. Also, there have been some Muzzy pipes sent out with missing spring holders. the biggun uses a clamp and no springs so it's much easier to work with and much much tighter. also, the biggun header is ceramic coated and will not turn colors on you or let stuff burn on. it's just a better overall system imo, but you get what you want.
reread my post- i did not say that. i said that it would make more power than a 300cc kit alone and yes i guarantee that- easily. the 300 kit doesn't really make more power, just a little more torque. you'll have to punch it out to 350cc to really gain horserpower momentum. my ten horse claim was an estimation as i said i was going to dyno it but it was too much for me to do so. you haven't ridden my bike, i have. i have years of experience on mx'ers and sportbikes. my seat of the pants is pretty accurate. plus, i weigh in at 150 lbs so i'm utilizing every bit of power i gained. maybe you just don't know how much a good exhaust system affects this bike, especially if you're still riding yours around stock.
call it muzzy bashing or whatever you want, but it is the facts. i'm just reiterating posts left from muzzy owners left on this forum. i never claimed the muzzy was designed for the 300, but we're not riding 300's here. that's the sad thing, muzzy doesn't even build a pipe for this new bike yet, but biggun already has a pipe engineered to fit perfectly. i'm NOT looking for a listing for a 250 for a muzzy pipe as you so wish i was. i could care about muzzy anything. they're an old company whose quailty control evidently has went out the window with it's customer service, again according to muzzy owners here. how many bikes really use muzzy pipes in racing, not many anymore. i don't even think kawi's superbike teams use muzzy pipes. you even say YOUR muzzy hits the footpeg, so what are you so upset about when i tell a potential buyer this problem? reality bites eh? clamps are for cheap systems? is that why yoshimura use them on their atv systems, biggun also with all their championship wins? sorry, but spring clamps break all the time as do springs themselves. you can use screwdrivers and pliers to stretch and misshape that spring all day just to fit it on the spring holder, having a clamp, using a ratchet and socket and i'm done in less than one minute. the clamp means an airtight seal evenly distributed whereas a spring only pulls tight where the spring is mounted. so if two springs aren't perfectly rigid to each other you're going to have a seal that is not equally tight around the diameter of the midpipe. you must love bluing and discoloration on your header pipes. no thanks, i like my stuff to look new. i wonder why they make ceramic coated headers for hot rod cars and muscle cars, it's such a waste. it may be a dirt bike but that doesn't mean it shouldn't stay looking like new when it's possible.
I guess I'm glad that when I was considering pipes and read all over this forum how the muzzy did not fit this bike and how it blues the header that i did the logical thing and bought the biggun. I like a pipe that fits perfectly and makes some serious power. My animosity is with you talking like I'm making all this stuff up about the muzzy. I'm not- as you say, the proof is here in the posts. All you have to do is read and you'll see the problems people have with their muzzy systems. But pride covers their eyes and they make the best of their pipe. I'm a perfectionist and no thanks to a pipe i have to dent in just so my passenger footpeg can clear so my 7-year old and 4-year old have a place for their feet when I take them for a ride. And I don't know about you but I hate bluing header pipes.
LOL, man I can sure stir some pottage. I love reading you guys' posts to me (hilarious). Again, I reiterate, my ten horse claim was a seat of the pants estimation. But I would bet it's close, no matter how much mathematics nobrakes wants to try and impress people with. Doesn't matter, put someone on a WR and me on my lil old KLX and I guarantee I could spank them on any MX track. Now, back to Courage the Cowardly Dog.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 06-04-2008, 04:55 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

........"my name is FINGERMULLET-- I'm an IGaddict".

hey thanks finger, that should enlighten some newbies on a variety of mods. let's be clear and you know this.........the only reason I have a muzzy on my '09 was because it was quite possibly the best deal on any mod that has even been spoken of on this forum for nearly 3 years. Think about it, I paid $100 for a Muzzy full system with a couple dents in the header pipe and a flawless canister and midpipe. You yourself said the dents would not affect performance. I still stand behind my BigGun claims and if you read what you so graciously posted, after spending your entire evening feeding your addiction, I said the Muzzy MAY OR MAY NOT make as much power as the BigGun. And yes, I did have to grind my footpeg down because the muzzy does not fit this bike as well as the BigGun does.
Also, the ONLY reason I fitted a dynojet to my bike instead of the N1TC needle and keihin main was because I didn't want to wait a week to two weeks for ronayers.com to ship them to me. The dj was available now and I had it in two days. You can try and bring me down all you want, but you just built me back up my main man. I stand behind every one of those posts. The 10 horsepower claim I admitted way back then that I was mistaken, but you so cleverly and conveniently left that concession out. Nice try there addict, but next time bring it on home.

Call drugcourt tomorrow, you're slipping and you need some intervention.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:58 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

this thread is like a roller-coaster. You just never know what's around the next curve and you better hold on or the IGaddiction, for some, will throw you from your seat in a blink of an eye.[:-]

Quick Reply: I RODE A DRZ 400!!!!!!!!!!