I RODE A DRZ 400!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I RODE A DRZ 400!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: neilaction

Are you saying the KLX is the pick of the 250's and the DRZ is the dog of the 400+?

That about sums it up Neil!

Old 05-30-2008, 02:35 AM
1st Gear Member

posted by 09klxowner aka iowaguy "I'm getting a little deja-vu here. Seems like this post is alot like one I posted last year only since it was iowaguy, everyone hated on me for even MENTIONING a DRZ in the KLX forum. Hate to say it, but there are/were some very sad double standards existing here."

You hammered people for using the dynojet kit telling them they were idiots, then You put one on Your new bike! I didn't see anybody jump on You? Maybe You should sign in as iowaguy again and attack 09klxowner for using a DJ kit? lol!

Then Deej, one of the nicest & helpful guys on this forum, says He liked riding a drz and You think We should be upset with Him? lol!

If anything is "very sad double standards existing here" is people being nice to You like You are a "new" person because You changed Your screen name.

Just think how many good members left this forum because of all the havoc You've caused in the past...You should be grateful You are allowed to post!

Old 05-31-2008, 01:24 AM
1st Gear Member

IMO, A DRZ can be compared to a KTM, if the KLX is going to be compared to the DRZ
It should have more power, 250cc's vs 400cc's... uhhhhhhh DuHHH!!!!!!!
It's not rocket science.
Imagine if it was comparable power, I don't think that the big blue bike would have much sales.
Both great bikes, or they wouldn't be 2 of the most popular bikes.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:52 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: QuiteThumper

posted by 09klxowner aka iowaguy "I'm getting a little deja-vu here. Seems like this post is alot like one I posted last year only since it was iowaguy, everyone hated on me for even MENTIONING a DRZ in the KLX forum. Hate to say it, but there are/were some very sad double standards existing here."

You hammered people for using the dynojet kit telling them they were idiots, then You put one on Your new bike! I didn't see anybody jump on You? Maybe You should sign in as iowaguy again and attack 09klxowner for using a DJ kit? lol!

Then Deej, one of the nicest & helpful guys on this forum, says He liked riding a drz and You think We should be upset with Him? lol!

If anything is "very sad double standards existing here" is people being nice to You like You are a "new" person because You changed Your screen name.

Just think how many good members left this forum because of all the havoc You've caused in the past...You should be grateful You are allowed to post!

LMAO, dude, you need to get your facts straight.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner
I'm getting a little deja-vu here. Seems like this post is alot like one I posted last year only since it was iowaguy, everyone hated on me for even MENTIONING a DRZ in the KLX forum. Hate to say it, but there are/were some very sad double standards existing here.
LMFAO ... funny.

Nah, bro.....it's all your approach or lack of social skillzz. The drz is a tried and proven power plant.... nuthin wrong with it, but it is not god's gift to bikes most would like a more "flickable" bike offroad. The klx is supposed to be that but definately lacks the power... gotta take the good with the bad.

Oh and there are plenty of bikes more "flickable" in the woods...like my buds street legal ktm 300xc-w smoker only $5.9K too. Just don't run her on the highway for too long.

Name:  Right20side20ktmt20ad.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  69.2 KB

But seriously I rented a pos NX400 in Costa and I bet I took that pos thru more sheet than thanyou (IG)ever took a dual sport thru.....gotta luv a rental.

But on a spec sheet performance basis, which IG lives by, the NX blows a lil klx away and just hangs with a drz.

Real world......my Costa trip would have been way more awesome with the lil klx in the rainforest....just sayin....specs don't mean sheet.

Look at my rental.

Name:  DSC01159.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  105.0 KB

Old 05-31-2008, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Haven't heard any mention of this bike. 450 or 525 cc, six speed, Keihin FCR-39mm carb, electric start w/ back up kick start, 254 lbs. dry weight, 37 in. seat height,........Built in Italy. Saw one at the Suzuki dealer here in Oklahoma City.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8831/DC617B4D5F1E4BB0981B9DC142410E9F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-31-2008, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh yea, that's a KTM power plant.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:21 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner
I'm getting a little deja-vu here. Seems like this post is alot like one I posted last year only since it was iowaguy, everyone hated on me for even MENTIONING a DRZ in the KLX forum. Hate to say it, but there are/were some very sad double standards existing here.
LMFAO ... funny.

Nah, bro.....it's all your approach or lack of social skillzz. The drz is a tried and proven power plant.... nuthin wrong with it, but it is not god's gift to bikes most would like a more "flickable" bike offroad. The klx is supposed to be that but definately lacks the power... gotta take the good with the bad.

Oh and there are plenty of bikes more "flickable" in the woods...like my buds street legal ktm 300xc-w smoker only $5.9K too. Just don't run her on the highway for too long.

But seriously I rented a pos NX400 in Costa and I bet I took that pos thru more sheet than thanyou (IG)ever took a dual sport thru.....gotta luv a rental.

But on a spec sheet performance basis, which IG lives by, the NX blows a lil klx away and just hangs with a drz.

Real world......my Costa trip would have been way more awesome with the lil klx in the rainforest....just sayin....specs don't mean sheet.

Look at my rental.

whoa, you got a bike muddy. you rule now. btw, the ktm300 is ugly imo. I wouldn't take one if it was given to me. well I would, then I would sell it and buy like a new Ninja 250 for road trips. just can't shake the IG addiction can you mullet? LMAO[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 05-31-2008, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Haha, I can't belive you used to "race" MX.. And you love DRZ's and think that KTM is ugly..
Nothing adds up. haha. That explains things a little better... ur strange.
Thing is, I don't get why you dog on the KLX so much, and praise the DRZ so much.. But bought a 2nd KLX? YOur a hard to understand person.
You compare the KLX to the DRZ, but at the same time say a KTM 450 and a DRZ are no comparison because of price range.
Seems to me around where I live a DRZ is about 2 grand more $ than a KLX 250, and a ktm 450, or a husaberg 450 (both street legal) is about $1500-$2000 more than the DRZ, but say that extra 50 cc's make it uncomparable to the DRZ.
You back track and try to cover your tracks so much. It's amusing to me though.

As a matter of fact, I can buy a leftover 06' Husaberg which is TWICE the bike a DRZ is for the same price. That should make it comparable shouldnt it? And a berg would slaughter any drz anywhere.

You wanna make rediculous comparisons, so will I

Old 05-31-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: green242

Haha, I can't belive you used to "race" MX.. And you love DRZ's and think that KTM is ugly..
Nothing adds up. haha. That explains things a little better... ur strange.
Thing is, I don't get why you dog on the KLX so much, and praise the DRZ so much.. But bought a 2nd KLX? YOur a hard to understand person.
You compare the KLX to the DRZ, but at the same time say a KTM 450 and a DRZ are no comparison because of price range.
Seems to me around where I live a DRZ is about 2 grand more $ than a KLX 250, and a ktm 450, or a husaberg 450 (both street legal) is about $1500-$2000 more than the DRZ, but say that extra 50 cc's make it uncomparable to the DRZ.
You back track and try to cover your tracks so much. It's amusing to me though.

As a matter of fact, I can buy a leftover 06' Husaberg which is TWICE the bike a DRZ is for the same price. That should make it comparable shouldnt it? And a berg would slaughter any drz anywhere.

You wanna make rediculous comparisons, so will I
green- I think you need to backtrack yourself to the first post. Deej is the one comparing the two bikes there Einstein. The DRZ gets compared to the KLX so much because they are the two mainstream dual-sports. The KTM is a racebike and is around $3000 more than any DRZ after everything is said and done. You've never even seen a Husaberg.
Nice try.

Quick Reply: I RODE A DRZ 400!!!!!!!!!!