I RODE A DRZ 400!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 02:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I RODE A DRZ 400!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine if you rode a bike that is actually fast instead of just fast compared to the KLX

Old 05-27-2008, 02:55 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: a16tony

Deej,
for about 6 tanks of diesel, you can go big bore.

Torque feels good.

ps. If I catch you riding without a helmet, I'll tan your hide, and you won't be riding for a month.[sm=icon_beat.gif]
Yes sir!! Trust me the wife was already giving m a bad time setting a bad example to all the other young future riders that were there.[8D]

Wait so a big bore isa grand now?

6 fillups X $170.00= $1020.00 YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure you you can get a 340 kit and a carb for that price.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Painting the KLX black and gray will give you an imaginary seven more horsepower and in reality, a whole lot of money saved by not buying another bike - works for me!

Old 05-27-2008, 03:54 PM
eas
1st Gear Member

Wait, wait, wait; did I just jump to the DRZ forum? How 'bout posting these superficilous comments about the virtues of the "origingal dual sport" on the correct forum. I know the KLX250S is just a weinnie compared to the DRZ porker, but we all love our green weinnies.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eas

Wait, wait, wait; did I just jump to the DRZ forum? How 'bout posting these superficilous comments about the virtues of the "origingal dual sport" on the correct forum. I know the KLX250S is just a weinnie compared to the DRZ porker, but we all love our green weinnies.
Hey I didn't say I didn't like my KLX, and in fact I probably love my bike more than anyone else on here considering I was the first one to buy one in November of 05. And as far as being in the wrong forum, I was comparing my experience on the DRZ and the stock KLX in this section which is the if I remember right the KLX forum. Sorry if you didn't like my report, but it is what it is.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: eas

Hey I didn't say I didn't like my KLX, and in fact I probably love my bike more than anyone else on here considering I was the first one to buy one in November of 05. And as far as being in the wrong forum, I was comparing my experience on the DRZ and the stock KLX in this section which is the if I remember right the KLX forum. Sorry if you didn't like my report, but it is what it is.
I'm getting a little deja-vu here. Seems like this post is alot like one I posted last year only since it was iowaguy, everyone hated on me for even MENTIONING a DRZ in the KLX forum. Hate to say it, but there are/were some very sad double standards existing here.

I hate to say I told you so, but I will. The DRZ's powerplant could be in the top 5 on any bike in the last ten years. It's torque is endless and in stock trim, it makes 35 rear wheel horsepower. I've yet to see ANY KLX make that kind of power, FCR'd, big-bored, cammed- none of them eclipsed the 30 mark.

The weight is a non-issue for me. If we talk about the E model, it weighs in exactly the same. So comparing it off-road with the KLX, the E model cannot be thrown under the bus because of it's weight. If the DRZSM I had would have had a 6th gear, I'd still have it. I went up two teeth on the rear and it even added to the feel of the torque but it screamed on the road.

deej- I'm glad you did ride the bike so you can see what I was/am talking about. It's a very powerful bike and very well built. Still though, unless you're looking at the SM model, the bike looks very dated. The SM has inverted forks and the RMZ swingarm not to mention the larger SM killer brakes. The early E models had FCR carbs on them and higher duration cams but now they're all the same.

The '09 KLXI bought looks very fresh and ahead of it's time and that is one thing I love about it. A 340 kit and a BB 34mm carb is planned for my bike. I do think you could handle a larger bike though with your weight, no offense buddy.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

setImgWidth();

just some shots for deej to drool over, I know how he feels now.

setImgWidth();

setImgWidth();

setImgWidth();

my edge taillight made exclusive for the DRZ. that muffler tip comes out and it sounds like a quiet slip-on, a lot louder than stock.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:41 PM
eas
1st Gear Member

Wait, wait, wait... you guys take this forum stuff way too seriously. My posting: Wait, wait, wait; did I just jump to the DRZ forum? How 'bout posting these superficilous comments about the virtues of the "origingal dual sport" on the correct forum. I know the KLX250S is just a weinnie compared to the DRZ porker, but we all love our green weinnies. was tongue-in-cheek. BTW, without this forum and klxforum.suncup.net I'd still be riding a stock KLX5-250S on junk tires wondering if I'd made a mistake in my purchase. It feels pretty good when out of 150 riders at a dual sport event (90% of which are KTMs) you've got the only KLX and have had just as much fun as everyone else. It's nice to stand out in a crowd.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

eas- no, my post wasn't towards your post (I knew you were just giving deej a hard time). It's just that last year I bought my DRZSM after selling my KLX. I came on here praising the DRZ for it's torque and ride just like deej did. I even called the KLX a dog when comparing it to the DRZlike he did. I was all but decapitated for making comments like that. I just find it ironic who says what and what kind of feedback they get for what they say. I'm not upset in the least, I'm actually glad deej rode one because he was one of my biggest naysayers when I was making comments about the KLX's power in comparison to the DRZ. It's good to see he now wants a DRZ. I feel redeemed and exonerated. I wouldn't trade my '09 for my old DRZSM for anything. I would like to have some of that power though.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Not for nothing, but is it even realistic to expect a 250 to perform anything like a 400? The 400 has60% more displacement right? Thats like taking a 350 CIsmall block chevy and comparing it to an engine with 60% more displacement 350 x 1.6 = 560 CI?
Just my take on this...take care, Glen

Quick Reply: I RODE A DRZ 400!!!!!!!!!!