I love my KLX

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 02:45 AM
1st Gear Member
Default I love my KLX

after riding the husaberg for a few weeks i got back on the klx.. it is so easy to ride and so fun.. it feels like a street bike to me now but oh man how the engine loves to rev up and smoothly power me down the trail.. i love it will never sell this little monster

Old 11-12-2011, 04:08 AM
1st Gear Member

!!! so true !!!

Rode a WR250R last weekend. It was fun for a while. But my arms were sure fatigued and the low-end grunt wasn't at all like the KLX. I was happy to get back on my bike.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Posts like this that make me glad I bought a KLX.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Tiger, Thanks for contributing your thoughts on the FE570s and KLX. I'd love to hear more about how the bikes compare in suspension, ride quality, power, streetability, seat height, reliability, weight, or whatever. I know they are completely different levels of bike but I think it says a lot about the KLX that someone who owns both holds the Kaw in high regard...

(you should add the 'berg to your sig)

Old 11-12-2011, 01:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Werd! I love my KLX! I love it so much I'm packing it in my truck in a few mins and going for a ride!

Old 11-12-2011, 04:00 PM
1st Gear Member

^^^^ + 1...Love mine too..should of bought one long time ago...But it wouldn't of been RED then...great little bike,I take it out more then my Harley.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DYNOBOB
I know they are completely different levels of bike but I think it says a lot about the KLX that someone who owns both holds the Kaw in high regard....
+1
I always think I need more bike, and that the KLX is all I could afford at the time I bought. Maybe the grass isn't so much greener on the other side?

I'm heading out tomorrow for the Brushpoppers bitter end DS ride with some buds from work. Should be about 100 miles with only about 12 miles of road Brushpoppers Dual Sports & Mad Jack's drool - Page 10 - ADVrider I cant wait. should be a good ride with some good guys.
Dan

Old 11-12-2011, 05:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Huh?

Originally Posted by CousinLarry
Werd! I love my KLX! I love it so much I'm packing it in my truck in a few mins and going for a ride!
Doesn't that defeat the beauty of having a DUAL sport, no need to load it into a truck, just get on and GO!?

Old 11-12-2011, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DYNOBOB
Tiger, Thanks for contributing your thoughts on the FE570s and KLX. I'd love to hear more about how the bikes compare in suspension, ride quality, power, streetability, seat height, reliability, weight, or whatever. I know they are completely different levels of bike but I think it says a lot about the KLX that someone who owns both holds the Kaw in high regard...

(you should add the 'berg to your sig)

Hey yea, I do appreciate the KLX alot. I will compare both.
Berg:
engine: brutal grunt down low, front wheel pops up when you blip throttle, not so much power on the top end.
weight: light as a feather, extremely maneuverable in the rocks
fit and finish: seems like a bunch of KTM parts thrown together.. rather delicate like easy to break.
comfort: seat rock hard, vibrates like a paint shaker
suspension: hard, sturdy, long travel, can do some brutal stunts with this bike

KLX:
engine: loves to rev up high, with big bore kit, cams, pumper carb, really keeps up with the berg (I was suprised about this) easy to work on - with the upgrades, it is a little powerhouse
weight: a bit heavier but not too much
fit and finish: top notch.. the bike was engineered by experts and is perfect in this regard
comfort: with the sergent seat, cush suspension, it is a dream to ride, vibrates much less than the berg
suspension: I actually like soft suspension, so it is a very comfy bike to ride even in the trails

overall, I am impressed with the modern berg.. but.. I will never let the klx go, there is that "balance" in a true dual sport bike.. smooth comfort on the street and dirt worthy. will always have one in my stable

Attached Thumbnails I love my KLX-bergklx.jpg  

Last edited by T_i_G_e_R; 11-12-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I also love my 06 and will never sell it. It's weird that an inanimate object could cause so much affection in all of its owners but it just does. Like I've said before, I want to be buried with my bike, cause when I'm gone I know someone will be riding the wife but I don't want anyone else on my KLX. Lol

Quick Reply: I love my KLX