I got Suspended.....!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Boise.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I can still see a limited road trip with you two and your hot rods. Although I would be limited to paved sections only.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
I can still see a limited road trip with you two and your hot rods. Although I would be limited to paved sections only.
I can't speak for whyzee, but as far as I'm concerned bring it on. I've even considered hosting a little Boise gathering if there was interest.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whyzee
Just received my forks and shock back from John @ Moto-Pro on Thursday. Spent Friday evening and Saturday morning re assembling. Thanks John, you were great the whole way.

I had my forks and shock re-sprung and re-valved for my 225 pound (and gaining ) butt. I have set the rider sag and ridden the bike only a few blocks over to a friends house and I can already notice the improvements

I am excited to get out on the trails again!!

I decided to make the upgrade on my suspension due to the last time out riding (7 weeks ago today) I was climbing a steep hill (with the stock tires, now have better knobbies) and didnt make it to the top. Before I came to a standstill at the apex I made a U-turn and came back down the hill (off the beaten trail) WAAAAYYYYY too fast and hit a cross-cut and the suspension (rear mostly) bottomed out and donkey-kicked me so hard it compressed my spine. I have been nursing this injury ever since.

Anyhow I have my bike together (suspension took 3 weeks turn around time w/ shipping factored in). I am ready to start riding again.

I now have my bike farkled the way I want it with the exception of: A) still want to add Unabiker radiator guards, and B) would like to have some of those Double-Take mirrors to replace the marginally useful stock mirrors.

Happy Mothers Day.
Am anxious to read your ride report référence the Moto-Pro mods.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
That's a BOTM nom for sure!!! Looks great!
I'd second the nomination, but doesn't he needs to post some pics in an album here?

Old 05-15-2012, 05:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey thanks for the props guys

I know nothing about bike of the month. I posted the picture due to the fact I was excited to reassemble my bike after 3 weeks of being torn apart. Also didnt really have any pictures of it in its current form.

If you would like to see other pics/angles, I would be happy to provide.

I am glad that you think it is attractive, but really feel as if it is just like all the 250s that I see on here.

Also, I will report back when I get some more trail/offroad miles logged. I have only ridden it around town a bit so far. I like what I feel from the newly reworked suspension on the street, but the knobby tires are definitely a different feel on the pavement. Hopefully some dirt miles will be logged real soon.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
I can't speak for whyzee, but as far as I'm concerned bring it on. I've even considered hosting a little Boise gathering if there was interest.
I'm IN.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whyzee
Hey thanks for the props guys

I know nothing about bike of the month. I posted the picture due to the fact I was excited to reassemble my bike after 3 weeks of being torn apart. Also didnt really have any pictures of it in its current form.
Bike of the Month - Kawasaki Forums

Rules are in the BOTM thread linked above.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
Looks like a straight shot for me... 5 hours right up 84.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:08 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

We have our local bike thing coming up soon here in Elko, NV, but hell yeah, I can always feel like hitting up a small ride get together, just that sometimes it just does not fit! hmm. Seriously though, I am game for a nice day or two ride weekend. A three state cruise? lol

Quick Reply: I got Suspended.....!!