I got Suspended.....!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 04:57 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I got Suspended.....!!

Just received my forks and shock back from John @ Moto-Pro on Thursday. Spent Friday evening and Saturday morning re assembling. Thanks John, you were great the whole way.

I had my forks and shock re-sprung and re-valved for my 225 pound (and gaining ) butt. I have set the rider sag and ridden the bike only a few blocks over to a friends house and I can already notice the improvements

I am excited to get out on the trails again!!

I decided to make the upgrade on my suspension due to the last time out riding (7 weeks ago today) I was climbing a steep hill (with the stock tires, now have better knobbies) and didnt make it to the top. Before I came to a standstill at the apex I made a U-turn and came back down the hill (off the beaten trail) WAAAAYYYYY too fast and hit a cross-cut and the suspension (rear mostly) bottomed out and donkey-kicked me so hard it compressed my spine. I have been nursing this injury ever since.

Anyhow I have my bike together (suspension took 3 weeks turn around time w/ shipping factored in). I am ready to start riding again.

I now have my bike farkled the way I want it with the exception of: A) still want to add Unabiker radiator guards, and B) would like to have some of those Double-Take mirrors to replace the marginally useful stock mirrors.

Happy Mothers Day.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the suspension work.

you have a great looking klx

Old 05-14-2012, 01:45 AM
1st Gear Member

You're going to appreciate that new suspension! Where did that happen? It's about time for us to meet up and ride.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

That's a BOTM nom for sure!!! Looks great!

Old 05-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

uh...... do you ever get it dirty?
Name:  105.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  200.0 KB

Old 05-14-2012, 02:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whyzee
Just received my forks and shock back from John @ Moto-Pro on Thursday. Spent Friday evening and Saturday morning re assembling. Thanks John, you were great the whole way.

I had my forks and shock re-sprung and re-valved for my 225 pound (and gaining ) butt. I have set the rider sag and ridden the bike only a few blocks over to a friends house and I can already notice the improvements

I am excited to get out on the trails again!!

I decided to make the upgrade on my suspension due to the last time out riding (7 weeks ago today) I was climbing a steep hill (with the stock tires, now have better knobbies) and didnt make it to the top. Before I came to a standstill at the apex I made a U-turn and came back down the hill (off the beaten trail) WAAAAYYYYY too fast and hit a cross-cut and the suspension (rear mostly) bottomed out and donkey-kicked me so hard it compressed my spine. I have been nursing this injury ever since.

Anyhow I have my bike together (suspension took 3 weeks turn around time w/ shipping factored in). I am ready to start riding again.

I now have my bike farkled the way I want it with the exception of: A) still want to add Unabiker radiator guards, and B) would like to have some of those Double-Take mirrors to replace the marginally useful stock mirrors.

Happy Mothers Day.
Okay - there have been several threads here talking about the exhausts that melt the rear signal. I'm not one of them, but I noticed you have a little contraption on yours that seems to be there to alleviate that issue... mind sharing the details on that thing with those on the forum???

Old 05-14-2012, 03:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
Okay - there have been several threads here talking about the exhausts that melt the rear signal. I'm not one of them, but I noticed you have a little contraption on yours that seems to be there to alleviate that issue... mind sharing the details on that thing with those on the forum???
I got a close-up view of that last night and suggested he offer some detail to ya'll here. Looks like a smart solution to blinker melting.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member

First of all, thanks for the compliments

Secondly, yes it gets dirty.... I just wash it off afterwards, BUT never, NEVER with a pressure washer. Don't wanna push water past seals. I like to use an old scrub brush, S-100 and the garden hose. I did remove, inspect and add waterproof Phil Wood grease to every needle bearing in the rear suspension/linkage while I had the shock off getting reworked.

Thirdly, It was cool to me up with Scott (IDRIDR) last night. Look forward to riding with you this Summer. Hey Scott I could hear your bike for miles (it seemed) when you left here. Maybe yours is a bit louder than mine, but maybe not, we'll see.

Lastly, I will post a thread on my blast deflector that I had another riding buddy who has a fab shop create for me. It is simple, effective and UGLY . I'll go get some close-up pics. Stay tuned.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya, I wasn't too easy on the throttle last night. The 351 is fun and I'm trying to burn the last of that trials tire off. The HMF, even with quiet core, is not a very silent pipe. Thanks for the tank bag.

whyzee's bike was too clean .

Last edited by IDRIDR; 05-15-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
I got a close-up view of that last night and suggested he offer some detail to ya'll here. Looks like a smart solution to blinker melting.
Yeah. I saw his write-up. That thing is pretty slick!!!

BTW - where are you in SW ID? Trying to figure out just how far away you are from me...

Quick Reply: I got Suspended.....!!