I finally got bite

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 03:49 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I finally got bite

Well if he looks like a big boy, then I must look HUGE!!.......Thanks for redefining that for me sheesh.[8D]

Old 04-01-2008, 01:36 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Well if he looks like a big boy, then I must look HUGE!!.......Thanks for redefining that for me sheesh.[8D]
Deej,
I am a big boy too (6'2" and 240) and thats why I got the DRZ. I rode the KLX around the yard and down the road when we first got it but since I lowered it I stay off of it.
db

Old 04-02-2008, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Damn, you're way bigger than him, didn't know that ....he's flat footing the dzr like a skooter which is higher than the klx.

btw it was not a jab .... don't get all sensative...I don't know what you mean with this icon. "[8D]"

Old 04-02-2008, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member

My riding buddy also has the DRZ400, you'll be happy with it for sure..I recently convinced him to drop a tooth on th efront sprocket, now he's hooked and is going up a couple on the rear as well...lots of power for a stock bike.
Name:  IMG_0624.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  161.9 KB

Old 04-02-2008, 03:08 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Damn, you're way bigger than him, didn't know that ....he's flat footing the dzr like a skooter which is higher than the klx.

btw it was not a jab .... don't get all sensative...I don't know what you mean with this icon. "[8D]"
The stock suspension for the DRZ400 is for about a 160-170 lb guy so its sagging and soft until properly set up. Once I changed my rear spring it was way better although the cushy feeling when new was "comfortable".
db

Old 04-02-2008, 04:38 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

sorry if you were confused, that smiley ( [8D]) was me laughing at myself, I thought that was implied. I was joking man, I was not getting all sensitive. Oh well. anyway one thing I noticed, I sat on his bike and it was at least 2 inches taller than me. I found myself switch footing it back and forth a little on my tip toes. He asked me if I wanted to ride it, but I declined. I just feel funny about riding something that belongs to someone else. I mean if I wrecked it I would have to pay for it and that takes money, and well I don't seem to have any laying around anymore.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Here are a couple of pics, and you know what the cool thing about this site is, that no matter what you ride, everyone here respects each other.
Unless you're an Edmonton Oilers fan, then I wont respect you. In fact, I'll probably beat you up [8D]
Name:  losers.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  10.8 KB
Calgary just crushed their playoff hopes tonight

Anyway back to business. I like that bike alot, I saw one at the dealership once, but was wondering if its more of a street tuned DS? It just didn't seem like it was made for the mud as much as the KLX, but I could be completely wrong. Comments?

I think the first thing I'd get for that badboy is some knobby tires! Cool bike man, cheers.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:01 PM
1st Gear Member

They are a great dirt bike, but the stock tires suck worse than the 603s..lots of throttle response, but they are top heavy compared to our light little KLXs. I drove my buddy's a coupe of times, on the dirt roads it was great..quite fast, but I was a little nervous on the rutty stuff as you can really feel the higher center of gravity and the bike felt a little squirrely on the front...that's where I really love the nimbleness of the klx.

The DRZ is still a really good dirt and street bike.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

dang sasqautch

sorry if you were confused, that smiley ( [8D]) was me laughing at myself, I thought that was implied. I was joking man, I was not getting all sensitive. Oh well. anyway one thing I noticed, I sat on his bike and it was at least 2 inches taller than me. I found myself switch footing it back and forth a little on my tip toes. He asked me if I wanted to ride it, but I declined. I just feel funny about riding something that belongs to someone else. I mean if I wrecked it I would have to pay for it and that takes money, and well I don't seem to have any laying around anymore.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mudjunkie

They are a great dirt bike, but the stock tires suck worse than the 603s..lots of throttle response, but they are top heavy compared to our light little KLXs. I drove my buddy's a coupe of times, on the dirt roads it was great..quite fast, but I was a little nervous on the rutty stuff as you can really feel the higher center of gravity and the bike felt a little squirrely on the front...that's where I really love the nimbleness of the klx.

The DRZ is still a really good dirt and street bike.
The stock tires are TW41 and TW42 and they are commonly referred to as "Deathwings". That said, I have almost 4000 miles on mine. and never wiped out once. So although they would suck in mud and sand, they are ok for fire roads and logging roads and lots of different trails (without mud and sand). They are great tires for on road though.
db

Quick Reply: I finally got bite