I called the shop

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I called the shop

Oh if you notice it does not turn over very fast I think its geared that way but with the hot ignitions on these bikes they start very well. And old points type would be real hard to start turning that slow

Old 09-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Mid-point update. As you know I dropped off the bike last Friday and they took it apart and diagnosed that it was the decompression device on the camshaft. The shop is not open on Monday and I forgot to call them yesterday, and in light of what EMS has gone through I decide to be pro-active and call them this morning. They said that they have ordered the part and expect it today or tomorrow and will get to working on it as soon as it get in. I really feel that this shop is not only top notch in my book, but they really have their act together. They move a lot of inventory there, I mean at any given time there are 20-30 quads in crates to be put together, at least that many bikes waiting for assembly, and new stuff rolling all the time. They have a huge chainsaw and mower division in a separate building, and a separate mower repair shop. Then there are the bikes and the newly remodeled bike parts warehouse and repair shop. It seems that someone finally got it right separating not only job duties by location but also making it easier to order parts by having that split that up as well. Ok enough of my shop, and the great experience that I have had there, and this goes back 10 years when I bought a Cub Cadet mower for $5,000. I always got good service, and was treated like I was the most important customer they had. That's what I'm talking about. I think its time to sign the guestbook and let the world know what a great buying experience this place is. Here is the website in case anyone is interested. Later all, I just started a second pot of coffee, its all good.

http://www.papowerequipment.com/

Old 09-20-2006, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 09-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

well now deej arnt u the lucky one... hopefully mine is getting looked at today... and ill get a call. im still pissed about that.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 09-20-2006, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

well now deej arnt u the lucky one... hopefully mine is getting looked at today... and ill get a call. im still pissed about that.
I still think you should give us all the e-mail address to the first shop and we can all send in comments about the poor service. I would love to see their faces when they see who they are dealing with.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i wrote up some stuff here https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_74915/tm.htm

but this is the website... send away!
http://www.northgatemotorcycles.com/

Old 09-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Update:

Well i called the dealer that has my bike now, and he thaught it was the timing chain tensioner, but it wasnt, so now he is starting to take the motor apart, today he is going to take the cylinder apart and get into the crankshaft. So its looking like there is something wrong deep within... Ill call him later to see where he is at... 6 days at the other place and nothing, 1 day at this place and half the motor is ripped apart.... bastards.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:53 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere now... Hopefully they'll just give you a new motor...
It's unacceptable that a brand new motor needs bottom end work already. How many miles are on it?

Old 09-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea tell me about it.... im kinda mad about it.... there is 4040 on it...

Quick Reply: I called the shop