I actually have a question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 05:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
Theres more to jetting than just that little screw. The most important is the main jet. Chances are your going to be just fine anyway. I woldn't worry about changing a thing. If anything youll just screw yourself up, its not like it will make THAT much of a difference that its going to hurt anything.
Thanks for saving me some typing.

From jetted correctly at 1000 ft to riding at 9000-11000 ft, we change 10% smaller on the main jet. That's all... if it's less than a mile difference, it shouldn't need anything.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't sweat it, The bike just won't be as responsive. Where ya going to ride at? (just curious)

Old 06-24-2009, 07:54 AM
1st Gear Member

no prob, bud

Old 06-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Lmao!!!:d
Originally Posted by vtgreen
deej, deej, deej, jason is exactly correct, that little screw isn't going to affect anything except your mixture at idle/just off idle.

Between this, the post about your brake fluid being 'fine,' and your attempt to resurface your rotor with a hand sander, i'm starting to worry about you!

Old 06-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Lmao!!!:d
Originally Posted by vtgreen
deej, deej, deej, jason is exactly correct, that little screw isn't going to affect anything except your mixture at idle/just off idle.

Between this, the post about your brake fluid being 'fine,' and your attempt to resurface your rotor with a hand sander, i'm starting to worry about you!

Old 06-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Hoe, double post? Are you that desperate to keep ahead of me? Wow...and WOW!

Old 06-24-2009, 04:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol guy
Don't sweat it, The bike just won't be as responsive. Where ya going to ride at? (just curious)

Not sure the exact location since I've only been to Portland a few times. That is my extent of Oregon. My cousin sent me all the GPS tracks and the Geocaches, its down by Prineville (spelling?) We are so pumped for the ride. Its just going to be me and him, after 30 years we are getting back together. Its like we are 14 again. He's got a camper on his truck, so its riding for 3-4 days, and watching WWII movies at night. It do not get better than that. Also he said I could bring my gun, as they would recognize the permit I have from Washington. He's a cop so we should be able to get away with some stuff. I'm also going to try and come back with a rattlesnake rattle. I'm going to load half shotshell and half hollow points. This trip is going to be off the hook. It will definately be my best ride report ever.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brewster
A a rough rule of thumb, for each 3000 feet of elevation increase, there is a 10% decrease in oxygen content in the air. Therefor, even with the jetting right on, you will loose 10% of the possible power.

At the elevation range you're going to, don't worry about the mixture. When cars still had carbs, folks wouldn't stop going up a mountain road and adjust the mixture.

Ride on
Brewster
OK thanks to all on here including you for calming me down. I will have a blast and report after the trip. I guess I should be more worried about how dirty my bike is gonna get instead.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

did'nt mean too. hmm wonder why it did that
Originally Posted by deej
Hey Hoe, double post? Are you that desperate to keep ahead of me? Wow...and WOW!

Old 06-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

and don't worry ur going on vacation, so i will have plenty of time to increase the lead...lol

Quick Reply: I actually have a question!!!