Hunting with the 09 KLX 250s

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 05:12 AM
1st Gear Member

If u want a rack, this guy makes them in the states and sells them on ebay. Im in Australia and i bought one, its pretty expensive because the exchange rate is so bad at the moment. It worked out costing me just under $200. There is a really good thread on these racks too on this forum.

Ebay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/sr8dirt/

Rack thread:
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...highlight=rack

There are also some nice racks here:
http://www.turbocity.com/default.php?cPath=69_98

Old 03-04-2009, 05:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Fab 10

Attached Thumbnails Hunting with the 09 KLX 250s-fab-10-005.jpg  
Old 03-04-2009, 05:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Awesome pics man. I love seeing other people's pics from around the world

Old 03-04-2009, 01:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CousinLarry
Awesome pics man. I love seeing other people's pics from around the world
+1 On that, thanks for sharing!! Looks like fun, and looks like you have the bike rigged up well for chasin down critters.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

where did ya get the gun mount from??

Old 03-04-2009, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

I was lucky enough to work for a company that had it's assembly plant in Mulgrave Victoria. VB (vomit bomb) and Carlton, pretty girls and I "hired" a rather beat Ducati and rode around the Dandenong mountains. What a great ride! I loved Australia and I also went to Auckland a wonderful place, nicest and most friendly people I've ever met, and it's so beautiful there. I hired a Suzuki GL250 and rode around Waiheke Island, that was fun too. Kiwis know how to party! You Aussies and Kiwis are great folks, everybody was really nice to me. I never really understood footie (footy?) though. Glad to hear about your adventures. Cheers and no drama mates.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:09 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 on the gun mount??? I was just planning on carrying my gun with a strap but that mount looks better.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by swill
+1 on the gun mount??? I was just planning on carrying my gun with a strap but that mount looks better.
I must admit I was little worried when I posted this as I am new to this site and I thought I might get into trouble posting dead animals, but then I thought nahh this is a mostly American site and I know they love their Hunting

Its very refreshing to find like minded people all around the world

The handle bar mount is a universal ATV mount, for the handlebar, it will scratch the bars and you need to ride carefully and dont loose the front end, the carbine is short so only sticks out only a few inches past the bark buster.

I use a rifle that Im not afraid to scratch at the end of the day

also tape up the end of the barrel with electrical tape if you bin it you wont get dirt and crap down the barrel and when you shoot the pressure blows it off before the bullet comes out.

My other hunting buddies rig a horse scabbard to the side of the bike and they use lever 30/30 marlins and winchesters

I will take some closer pics of my set up tonight and post tonight.

Also for the hunters out there check out this great Aussie hunting site

www.australianhunting.net

we have a hunters from around the world as members

Old 03-05-2009, 12:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by roadglider
I was lucky enough to work for a company that had it's assembly plant in Mulgrave Victoria. VB (vomit bomb) and Carlton, pretty girls and I "hired" a rather beat Ducati and rode around the Dandenong mountains. What a great ride! I loved Australia and I also went to Auckland a wonderful place, nicest and most friendly people I've ever met, and it's so beautiful there. I hired a Suzuki GL250 and rode around Waiheke Island, that was fun too. Kiwis know how to party! You Aussies and Kiwis are great folks, everybody was really nice to me. I never really understood footie (footy?) though. Glad to hear about your adventures. Cheers and no drama mates.
I think there is a some sort of bond between aussies, kiwis and yanks, probally dates back to the war years as if it wasnt for us we would all be speaking japanese and working as slave labourers in their factories making kawasakis instead of riding them LOL

I had the pleasure of meeting and training with a unit of the national guard of hawaii, when they came to Australia when I was a soldier in Army reserve some ten years ago, top blokes, i still laugh today when I told them to watch out for our viciuos rabid drop bears (koalas with fangs) and then watched them patrol through the bush all looking up

Our Aussie rules is a top game played with no padding and produces the best punters for your football.

kind regards

Cd01

Old 03-05-2009, 01:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info Cd01. Good idea with the tape. I don't have a lever action so i'll probably stick with your atv mount idea. sometime before next hunting season I'll have something rigged up. would like to have a 30-30 by then for those quick one handed shots...j/k.

Quick Reply: Hunting with the 09 KLX 250s