Old 12-10-2007, 06:30 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: How Often Do U Crash?

Its gonna hurt isn't it?[8D].........[&:]

Old 12-10-2007, 06:33 AM
nub

I usually, don't get ejected but about two or three times a year, but I will generally drop the bike, which ever one it is on average, about once every time I go out. I can stay on the 500 when the throttle stays open as it will not iddle, but in the tight stuff if it dies, I might drop it. On the xr650r, I have only dropped it on sandy trails. to me, it just varies on the terrain and the bike. the last time I fell off the bike and it kept going was in september, and I just slid on my butt while the bike headed for a ravine, luckily a tree arrested its fall.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:16 AM
1st Gear Member

dropped twice,noreal crash, but both times were in deep muddy ruts, front wheel slips out from underneath, bike ends up on the ground and I end up with a nice coating of mud..

cheers chris

Old 12-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Ive never really crashed it.... i got down alot, its slow speed stuff messin around usually in the mud, Fingermullet, going down in sand doesnt count, it doesnt hurt.... lol... I ride right before the "line" where i would crash, im usually out by my self so i take it kinda easy, when i with someone else i ride a little harder.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Short legs are rough....I've only gone down at speed around here once, truck rutted sand is not your friend. In NJ, every get off was a moving violation, worst was 30mph front end tuck in a sandy bermed corner. Made for a nice faceplant and dust cloud, felt sorta like taking a running leap and landing on a bed.

Back to short legs....if the bike gets stopped off balance, its usually going to have to be dropped and picked back up, I just don't have the step over clearance to stand it back up.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:09 PM
1st Gear Member

I've only gotten to ride my bike a couple of times. The first time I got on it, I headed for a a nice long straight atv sized trail of whoops and realized I couldn't do anything to get the front wheel off the ground so that resulted in me becoming familiar with the trees on the side of the trail. Anyone who's ridden in the NJ pines knows how these sugar sand whoops go and once you get out of shape...they eat you up. I didn't fall, but if you hit them straight on, that's probably considered crashing since it killed my forward momentum. Most of the trees in the pines are short and scrubby so it doesn't hurt that much when you hit them...they usually bend. Other than that, I came around a turn on an enduro trail into the black mud and forgetting for a second what bike I was on I figured I'd blast through it, but nope ended up on my a** instead.

My friends all rode for years before I got a bike, (I was 12) so I crashed constantly trying to keep up with them. I also learned fast, so it was all good. I earned the nickname "bulldozer Bob" because I'd crash with my arms out like superman and I guess it looked like I was bulldozing the sand...when actually I was eating it. LOL

Old 12-10-2007, 12:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I go down at least once every time offroad.usually it is a soft layover or a talented looking step off but the one 2 weeks ago cost me a set of handlebars....gave me a reason to get the pro-tapers for it.I am on very rocky singletrack in NE. PA. and it's quite hilly so usually i just get away from the bike as i've broken enough bones on the mx bikes screwing around....i need to work to pay bills,we all know how that is.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Never fallen on the road...knock on wood. The trails however are a different story. I ride some pretty tight and rocky stuff up here in New England, so I average a fall probably every ride or so. It's usually when im going like 3 miles an hour, or when i'm stopped, and I go to put a foot down, and there is nothing there. A slippery root will get me every now and then too. I have never fallen hard enough to break or bend (minus the stock blinkers)anything. I do have some stress marks in the handguards though!
Me and my riding buddy have a little deal/game every time we ride. Whoever falls first has tofill up the other's tank (klx tank)for the ride home.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:27 PM
1st Gear Member

On the street NEVER, not once in over 20 years of riding...knock knock knock. On the track, I have binned it twice. In the dirt, ha, once or twice every time I ride!

Old 12-10-2007, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I've biffed it plenty of times off-road, but not once on the KLX yet (knock on wood). I've come close lots of times, but I find the KLX is easy to recover when it gets out of shape. However, I try to avoid mud when I can.

I put my DR650 down on-road once on my way to work. It was 0-dark-thirty, and I was rounding a turn going about 30 MPH, like I've done a hundred times before. That morning, thestreet was coveredwith anti-freeze and oil (I have no idea why) and I low-sided right into the curb across the street. Busted turn-signals, bustedmirror,but I was fine. The real pisser was that during my slide, my boot laces somehow wrapped around the shifter. I couldn't get my leg off the bike, and I couldn't get any traction with my hands because the road so slippery. I just laid there with the bike on top of me like a turtle on its back while my fellowmotorists blew their horns and drove around me. [:@] I finally got my boot untied and got the bike up, but I was covered in anti-freeze and oil. I was lucky that I didn't get hurt, but I was still pissed.

Quick Reply: How Often Do U Crash?