How much horsepower is the 300CC kit supposed to net?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Default RE: How much horsepower is the 300CC kit supposed to net?

tremor38,

Do you have any other information on the "Beet Japan" product line? I'm interested in their "315" kit.

Where are you located at? I'm kind of liking the screen name - is that indicative of the tremors that happen in Japan all the time?

Old 10-12-2006, 11:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Beet Japan Products

The above link is all in Japanese. They have a section labeled 'English' but when you click on it all you get is a message saying "coming soon."

This stuff is pretty pricey. Here are few of the items translated to give you an idea.

-315cc cylinder, pistion, rings, clips an pin are 83,790 yen or about $710.00 U.S.

-The cams are 42,000 yen or about $355.00 U.S. (315cc kit+cams=$1065.00 U.S.)

A 4.5 inch 7 row oil cooler is 43,890 or about $372 U.S.

Sorry about the wrong info I gave you earlier; the cams are not included in the price of the big bore kit.

Another thing to consider when adding cams is that they have no KACR. According to some people that is a blessing, but I'd rather not have the starter motor labor excessively to turn over the engine. Also, hot starting is a bit easier with the KACR.

ORIGINAL: Marty

tremor38,

Do you have any other information on the "Beet Japan" product line? I'm interested in their "315" kit.

Where are you located at? I'm kind of liking the screen name - is that indicative of the tremors that happen in Japan all the time?

Old 10-12-2006, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Another thing to consider when adding cams is that they have no KACR. According to some people that is a blessing, but I'd rather not have the starter motor labor excessively to turn over the engine. Also, hot starting is a bit easier with the KACR.

Depending on which way you go with cams, that may or NOT be a problem. Some cams diminish "effective compression ratios" by not closing the intake valve until after BDC. Those cams usually need a boost in static compression ratio to have any bottom end power. Of course they work really well after about 8000 rpms.

I'm looking to build the motor for a powerband from 4000 to 8000 rpms. At present, my "sweet spot" seems to be right at 6000 rpms. The bike just sounds "happy" running there.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Depending on which way you go with cams, that may or NOT be a problem. Some cams diminish "effective compression ratios" by not closing the intake valve until after BDC. Those cams usually need a boost in static compression ratio to have any bottom end power. Of course they work really well after about 8000 rpms.

I'm looking to build the motor for a powerband from 4000 to 8000 rpms. At present, my "sweet spot" seems to be right at 6000 rpms. The bike just sounds "happy" running there.

Understood. I don't plan on replacing the stock cams anytime soon. If I did, I would probably dig-up info on a manual comp. release. I take my bike into the mounain twisties quite often and take more than few breaks. I wouldn't hate to have a starter motor die or drain the battery trying to get started way up there. I realize the bike can still be push started, but would rather not go through the trouble. Still I'm interested in seeing how big the change really is when you pin the KACR.