How Many Miles On Your 250s?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Fair call, JasonFMX.
Yeah, we got murderers, rapists, drug dealers and other scum here too.
But, unlike certain states in the USA, we don't have sentences where life means life or injection/chair.
What we have are inept, soft-**** judges bowing to an inept, soft-**** nanny-state government where these scum are handed a 20 year sentence.
They then get paroled after 5 years and go straight back out and commit even worse crimes. Safe in the knowledge that, if caught, they'll have another cruisy 5-10 years before they're out again. Go figure!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 AM
1st Gear Member

some one on here as the thing about l.e.a.p. (law enforcement against prohibition). smart cops, make drugs legal (let people kill them selfs with hard drugs, the people that smoke pot sit at home anyways), it will end drug related crimes, and open a lot of room up in jails for people that need it.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:18 AM
BSW

09 with 6890 miles. Regular maintenance, new tires at 6500 miles. Did notice since the switch to synthetic, leaks/seepage around gaskets.
Overall no complaints.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
You freakin need guns here man. Between gangs and drug related crimes like street robberies, home invasions... and crap like that, you gotta have a gun. If more people had guns there would be less crimes because A. the people that tried to rob you would be shot and therefore no need to process them. and B. Through Darwinisim the idiots would all be killed off and the smarter criminals would wise up and stop robbing people, they know vast majority of people DON'T have guns so they know they can get away with whatever they do...and they do it too.

I very much so encourage people to exercise your right as an American to get a concealed weapon permit and carry a handgun. lean how to use and store it safely and responsibly. Hey, the criminals use every damn right they have...its time for law abiding citizens to do the same. The cops and government arent gonna do anything. It's time Americans do what they do best and stop takin crap and take care of the problem ourselves.

:End Rant:
dont you live in PA? where at again? man...... its pretty calm up here, but i have the trusty ruger on me at all times especially riding in the woods... 12 ga at home.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX

I very much so encourage people to exercise your right as an American to get a concealed weapon permit and carry a handgun. lean how to use and store it safely and responsibly. Hey, the criminals use every damn right they have...its time for law abiding citizens to do the same. The cops and government arent gonna do anything. It's time Americans do what they do best and stop takin crap and take care of the problem ourselves.

:End Rant:
A big AMEN my brother. You have to protect your own. Where are the cops when you need one? Yes, they do their jobs but it's not possible to have 24/7 coverage everywhere. When the **** hits the fan who's going to be there for me? My Glock 23 that's who.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
1st Gear Member

As for the thread - I'm at 3243 miles on my 06klx. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and did a little maintenance before I started using it as my commuter. I've been commuting on Harley's for the last few years and purchased a new FXD in April. It now has 10,000 miles so I purchased the KLX for commuting and save my miles on the FXD for weekends. Ok, it's just an excuse 'cause I wanted an DS badly. I average 2000 miles per month.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:22 PM
1st Gear Member

these days im worrying less and less about the criminals and more and more about our government ;\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgMx2...rs.com/?p=5198

Old 10-14-2008, 12:46 PM
1st Gear Member

When's it "safe" to switch over to synthetic? Is 1000 miles good? i.e. I just did mine at 700 -- it's first change. I guess I'll do it again at about 1400 or so; it would be safe for synthetic then, right?

Old 10-14-2008, 12:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCsilver
When's it "safe" to switch over to synthetic? Is 1000 miles good? i.e. I just did mine at 700 -- it's first change. I guess I'll do it again at about 1400 or so; it would be safe for synthetic then, right?
i believe the general consensus is, use standard oil to give the motor time to seat.. by 700 miles or so should be fine.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Check your PM box, USMC, I sent you one about guns last night.

On-Topic: I guess that's why mine leaks, I've been running synthetic since the first change. Slight leak on the valve cover, and a little out of the fill cap. Nothing to write home about, just enough to collect dirt.

Quick Reply: How Many Miles On Your 250s?