How I cleaned up my rear end

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default How I cleaned up my rear end

Well seeing how I spent my money on carb and exhaust mods (still waiting for them to show up), I wanted to clean up the rear of my bike by removing the under fender license plate mount but it had to be done for almost no cost.

I started by simply unbolting the license plate, then the holder. I then removed two of the round rubber inserts from the plate holder as I would re-use them on my new plate mounts. I had some left over aluminum that I had bought from Home Depot awhile back that I used to make some new license plate mounts, I bolted these new mounts to the original plate holder holes underneath the rear fender, using the original bolts and rubber bushings mentioned earlier. Now that I had the plate mounted, I had to mount a new plate light up under the fender so I could keep it legal. This was the only $5.99 I had to spend on the whole project. The light was like a small interior dome light (194 bulb) that I had cut down and shaved the housing off and mounted it up under the fender using a two sided tape Velcro strips, the light hardly weighs anything so this is more then enough to hold it.

I know the plate is still mounted below the fender, but it’s up high and on an angle so it doesn’t hang down low. Plus it gave me some space to mount a plate light that you can’t even see unless you look up under the bike. Well enough talk, here are some pics of the end result. Let me know what you guys think.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Default RE: How I cleaned up my rear end

Am I the only one who wasn't sure what Mark's post was going to be about. I know how I clean up my rear end, but I have never felt a need to post that information on a forum about motorcycles.

BTW, I like the mod. I have been considering doing something with my plate as well. This is a good idea.

Mark, was there anything goofy about wiring the new light or did you just cut the leads to the old light and tie them in? Thanks.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

im with u.... i wasnt sure either....
but i think it looks good. its cool how so many people on here do so many different things. love the imagination of people.
ORIGINAL: cwgoff

Am I the only one who wasn't sure what Mark's post was going to be about. I know how I clean up my rear end, but I have never felt a need to post that information on a forum about motorcycles.

BTW, I like the mod. I have been considering doing something with my plate as well. This is a good idea.

Mark, was there anything goofy about wiring the new light or did you just cut the leads to the old light and tie them in? Thanks.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:11 PM
1st Gear Member

good job

Old 09-26-2006, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I thought the title might get some attention lol.

cwgoff, nothing goofy about the wiring, did exactly what you said.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:20 PM

Thanks. BTW, just noticed your post count. Welcome to the forum.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Dam man, I wanted to be the first to post pics on this mod. Bought the sheetmetal last weekend and ordered a White LED light from ebay for the licenese light. My mount will probably be a little fancier then that. Looks good though. The only problem I see is that if a Cop is behind you they might not see the tag expiration date real well and pull you over for that. That was my thought when I had the tail piece off and was playing with it and where I was going to mount the plate. Once I do mine I will post pictures too.

LV

Old 09-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yes welcome Markturbo, and what's funny is that I was scared to open the post and yet I couldn't seem to be able to resist.....Its a sick world. Kind of like a car wreck you just can't look away but you hope you don't see anything disturbing. I saw my grandma naked once, and that was enough to send me into the deep shivers for weeks on end. (deej suddenly realizes he has yet again shared too much information and tries to back pedal) I mean I saw a movie where someone saw their grandma naked....yea that's the ticket.[&:] (shivers again even though it was 10 years ago)

Old 09-26-2006, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

Yes welcome Markturbo, and what's funny is that I was scared to open the post and yet I couldn't seem to be able to resist.....Its a sick world. Kind of like a car wreck you just can't look away but you hope you don't see anything disturbing. I saw my grandma naked once, and that was enough to send me into the deep shivers for weeks on end. (deej suddenly realizes he has yet again shared too much information and tries to back pedal) I mean I saw a movie where someone saw their grandma naked....yea that's the ticket.[&:] (shivers again even thoiugh it was 10 years ago)

H'mmmm, NOW we're starting to understand you just a bit better there Mister Deej!

Old 09-26-2006, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

I saw my grandma naked once, and that was enough to send me into the deep shivers for weeks on end. (deej suddenly realizes he has yet again shared too much information and tries to back pedal)

That was waaaay to much info Deej. hahahahaha

LV

Quick Reply: How I cleaned up my rear end