How do YOU haul your dirtbike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 05:40 PM
1st Gear Member

I pull my bike around on a little home-made trailer. Its got a 6ft wooden bed and torsion axle. The frame was a small camper trailer.

Very cool Ranger, Krieger.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Can you get closer pics on where you hook your straps on your bike? I have the same carrier and I usually use soft loops around the bars but the straps are right against the tank and I don't want to mess up the plastics or decals.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

A couple nice looking tacomas

Old 02-26-2019, 10:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by miketravis
Can you get closer pics on where you hook your straps on your bike? I have the same carrier and I usually use soft loops around the bars but the straps are right against the tank and I don't want to mess up the plastics or decals.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I have a similar rack, but it has a post and a big arm that comes down over the seat, don't really need straps. But, I put a couple on the wheels. I think is was a little shy of $400 or something.
I can roll up to the van, and be driving away in 1 min. ....if I didn't have to take my boots, pants, jacket, camel back, ... well, you get the idea.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tacoma660
A couple nice looking tacomas

She's 2 years old TODAY!!!

Old 02-27-2019, 08:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678

I really like those "old school" wheels. That red sets off the moon caps perfect.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by miketravis
I use the soft loops around my bars and had the same concern. If you check my first post with the picture, you'll see I use a couple of towels to prevent any chafing or rubbing on the tank's plastics. I've been doing this for quite some time now and the plastics are still looking good.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlkDakDave
I really like those "old school" wheels. That red sets off the moon caps perfect.
Actually 47 Ford repro hub caps and rings on steel wheels. Also put a 47 Ford Pickup rear bumper in place of the step bumper. Can't afford a 50s-80s C10 or F150 so I do it with the Ranger.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Smile

I have an older 1995 enclosed trailer that my son bartered some plumbing services for many years ago. I fixed it up pretty good and now use it to lug the motorcycle to rallies all over the southeast. We're actually heading to one this weekend. I have it set up for double chocks so I can get both my KLR and KLX in there together if I want. When I get to the rides and rallies I set up my cot and table in there and sleep in it at night. Some guys show up with these multi-thousands of dollar toy haulers; I think I might have only about $400 in my utility trailer. Also, I never go anywhere without my fishing poles.

Quick Reply: How do YOU haul your dirtbike?