HMF Slip On Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: HMF Slip On Exhaust

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

Thx, Brian. I can't take a whole lot of credit. Deej served that one up pretty good.

Thankfully, from what I have gathered on his many posts, The Sir Deej can handle a little ribbing now and then. Even from a noobie - I hope.

If even a noob can't pick on me then I'm in the wrong place..Get-R-Done

Old 08-31-2006, 10:48 PM

Glad you see it that way, Deej. Good times.

Old 09-01-2006, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

So I reviewed the pictures again, and I think I spoke too soon, I actually like both of the pipes. You see deej can admit when he is wrong, which is a rare thing indeed, (the being wrong part)[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 09-01-2006, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member

DJFEILDS, Can you post some more pictures of that slip on? I think It might look bigger than it is because the pictures are so close. Can you post some pic of the hole bike. I know the HMF is bigger than the Muzzy but I do like the HMF dyno numbers and the noise decibels. Thanks!

Old 09-01-2006, 03:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Not to mention you can get the HMF in any color you want! Especially for Deej the Aesthetically minded.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:38 AM
1st Gear Member

How about a Big Gun "Almost" Slip-On?!??

I got an Evo X complete system a couple weeks ago, but it turns out the head pipe was mislabeled: Right Part #, Wrong Pipe.

The situation is being resolved and I'll be getting the right head pipe, but in the last few weeks, I've been getting good ... real good ... (too good?) ... at swaping exhaust systems (Took LOTS of photos to prove that what I received wasn't a KLX250 pipe, and that there was no way the pipe would ever fit on ANY KLX250).

Anyway, back to the point ... I had the OEM head pipe installed and the Big Gun silencer was hanging on the back of the bike, so just for laughs, I tried to see if the 2 pipes would join together. Both ends were meant to fit over their respective other half, but it turns out the Big Gun silencer I.D. is a snug fit over the OEM header O.D.! The only problem is that the slots in the OEM header extend too far and aren't covered completely by the overlapping Big Gun pipe (hence the "Almost" Slip-on). The silencer mounting brackets line up so the whole package even bolts completely together.

The whole idea reminded me of the thread where some guy cut about 1/2" of the OEM muffler to intentionally create a gap between the 2 pipes. I'll bet some muffler wrap and a couple of hose clamps would have made for an interesting set-up, though!!!

But, it's not gonna happen. The OEM exhaust is bolted back on (took all of about 2.5 minutes) and I'll sit patiently waiting for my real KLX250 head pipe to arrive. (Patiently my ***, I want it NOW!!!).

Hmmm, if I happened to run across some muffler wrap somewhere BEFORE I receive the head pipe ...

Mike

Old 09-01-2006, 05:42 AM

Ys Guy,

Any chance your "good .... real good" comment was a Nacho Libre reference? If not, then just ignore this. If you didn't see it, though, you should check it out when it comes out on video.

Okay, threadjack over in t-minus 3, 2, 1...

Back to the exhaust discussion.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:19 PM
1st Gear Member

cwgoff:
I'l take more pictures this weekend as I keep it up at the lake.
Like the "got milk"

Old 09-01-2006, 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: deej

So I reviewed the pictures again, and I think I spoke too soon, I actually like both of the pipes. You see deej can admit when he is wrong, which is a rare thing indeed, (the being wrong part)[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Aren't you the one that said . . . . "I was wrong only once last year . . . . and that was when I thought I was wrong!" ? ? ?

Old 09-01-2006, 06:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Maybe....

Quick Reply: HMF Slip On Exhaust