HMF pulling apart?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: HMF pulling apart?

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

Fireroad, good to know that HMF is finally pulling through for you. And congrats on getting married - I hope your "pipe" will work better than the HMF on your honeymoon without any premature "leaking"!
[sm=roll.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=exactly.gif]Amen to that brother!

As far as wives go I really lucked out on this one. She fully encouraged the purchased of the bike and is thinking about getting her own bike (xt225). She supports all my hobbies...she even bought me my first fly rod. I don't take her fishing anymore though, she kicks my **** 3 to 1 everytime .

Old 08-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Congratulations!

Old 08-24-2007, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fireroad

Sorry this update took so long. Believing this to be more than a leak, I emailed Tony in the warranty department at HMF. My first two emails got kicked back that the inbox quota was exceeded so I shrunk the pics down bigtime and sent it again. And waited. And waited. On the third day I called and talked to Tony. Apparently their building got hit by lighting and fried their email server. Eventually the email came through and he looked at the pics and said "Yup, that's definatley under warranty. Send it in and we'll fix or replace it, which ever is easier". That's the response I was hoping for...the UPS call tag should be here today. I'll update you as to what happens (may take a while, I'm getting married next weekend)[sm=jawdrop.gif]
Congrats man!

Old 08-24-2007, 09:16 PM

I have the HMF slip on and it fit quite nicely and after 2 hours of hard riding in the woods it is still holding up although it leaks at the joint where it connects to the stock header. I tried to post several time to the HMF forum but they never publish anything--good or bad. I bought from them because they seemed to have the most online help (pictures of carb mods, how to repack the muffler, etc).

I like the muffler but the test will come next month when the Florida Trail Riders test the 95 DBs before I race.

George in Fla

Old 08-25-2007, 02:27 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CaptGeo33
although it leaks at the joint where it connects to the stock header.
Yeah you gotta use muffler seal at the joints.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Some good news...with the wedding and honeymoon out of the way I finally got the HMF shipped off. It made it to their office today so I called Tony at HMF to see how long it's going to take to get a repair or replacement. Tony is no longer there (not sure if that's a good or bad thing, he seemed like a good guy) and Tim is running warranty. I explained the situation to Tim and he grabed the muffler while we were on the phone and said he would look at it and call me back in a hour or so. Sounded good to me...10 min later the phone rang. Tim already had it apart and found the problem...the good news is the can wasn't pulling apart. The holes on the inlet were drilled to low and when the can was riveted together the rivets pulled the can together tight and you couldn't see the gap. I guess after 400 miles the can wiggled back to the hole position and a gap was formed. Tim is putting on a new inlet today and they are shipping back tomorrow. All in all I'm pretty happy with how HMF handled the problem. Sometime in the next two weeks I'll get it back on, as well as my new fender, barkbusters, mirrors, etc and finally post some pics ofmy bike!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Sounds like good service to me, you can't ask for much more than that, IMO.