HMF Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:24 AM
Default HMF Exhaust

so is the hmf a good decision? i have read alot of the posts about the pipesand listened to the pipe and it sounds good. i dont need anything extremely loudbecause of cop problemsand its also the cheapest pipe i found

Old 02-15-2007, 04:27 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: HMF Exhaust

If you are staying with stock displacement I think the HMF slipon is probably the way I would go. It wasn't available when a lot of us here bought our pipes.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:28 AM

yeah the only thing i will do is jet it and cut the snorkle out

Old 02-15-2007, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

And get rid of that smog crap, and drill the crankcase breather into the air box, and re-gear....Well the main thing is "have fun". Thereare actually a lot of mods you can do this bike as you will soon find out if you haven't already. Just ask away and there is a real good chance that someone here has already done it.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:56 AM

alright thanks for the advice

Old 02-15-2007, 05:19 AM

Get the HMF; had mine for six months and re-jetted. Buddy of mine claims the KLX is like a different bike now, and I agree! Nice sound, better performance, re-jetfixed cold start issue.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:22 AM

how much a difference in power is it if u dont rejet

Old 02-15-2007, 05:37 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

The pipe and jetting go hand in hand, you don't really want to change one without the other. Same with the airbox - change all three at once. If you open the airbox and upgrade the pipe, but don't rejet, you will be running on fumes, ultra-lean and that could actually cause your combustion to be too hot and result in piston or head damage. Richen it up and enjoy! While you have the carb apart changing out the jets, drill out the slide vent hole to 7/64ths for better throttle response. See the stick threads on the top of the forum for links to all these procedures. Most of this has been documented very well with lots of great photos.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:47 AM

I'll be doing all the "breathing mods" to mine soo. My HMF should be here in a couple of days. I need to search out all the things to do and I am going to do it all at once. I am going to also install my new 45t rear and my new green chain.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:43 AM
1st Gear Member

The KLX is only half a bike, power wise, before the Mod's. Do the Mod's and the bike hits hard and rev's fast and is fun. HMF slip-on looks good, I have the polished one. You need to do the jetting with theexhaust pipe. HMF has jetting info on there web sitehttp://hmfengineering.com/jetpg.html
good luck.

#125 main jet
#35 pilot jet
2.5 turns fuel screw
drilled slide
air box snorkle off

Quick Reply: HMF Exhaust