History Check

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:03 AM
1st Gear Member
Default History Check

Hello
I just purchased an 09 KLX 250S Red color from Redline Motersports in Lansdale Pa. They listed the upgrades as 330Kustom Kraft kit, Full Muzzy Exh, FCR racing Carb, Red chain, Renthal Bars, and "more"

I am wondering if anyone on here knows the bike and maybe can put me in touch with previous owner or help me figure out what has been done. Of course some of the things I will be able to see by site when I get the bike like if it has airbox lid and snorkle delete. But I would like to know if the suspension has been changed and other things that may not be inherently obvious to the most casual of observers.
Lookning forward to getting the bike. Ill have to post a photo of me and my 2 buddies on a ride. I'll be on the KLX they will be on the fatboy and the couch

Old 09-29-2009, 01:58 PM
1st Gear Member

What is that in your avatar, a grouper?? I love fishing I'm about to pack up my bike and head out to do a little striper fishing myself

Oh, and it's going to be pretty tough to find the previous owner.. You might want to try asking the shop for contact info, but they probably won't give it up.. You can try though...

Or maybe a post in the Lansdale CL asking if anyone knows the bike? Worth a shot!

Old 09-29-2009, 02:32 PM
1st Gear Member

You can try the D.M.V.
not sure if they will give you all the Info. But, they might be able to help.
Good Luck

Old 09-29-2009, 11:14 PM

Maninthesea:

This is quite a funny coincidence...I happen to live within walking distance of Redline and got my klx inspected there (nice people from what I can tell). Although I guess this doesn't help you that much, I've DEFINITELY seen the bike that you bought (being ridden, I'm assuming, by the previous owner).

I heard a thunderous roar one morning as I was working on my klx, and turned around just in time to see someone on a red '09 klx doing a wheelie at about 30 mph down penn st. ...and that's when I realized my own bike needs some mods lol.

Anyway, I asked the guy at Redline about it and all I remember them saying is "yeah...we've done a lot of work on it..big bore kit, full exhaust...".

Sorry I can't be more help, but I'd be surprised if Redline wouldn't be able to tell you the extent of what's been done. Whatever has been done, it's awesome..

Old 09-30-2009, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Guys. I figure Ill hit readline up next week after the bike has shipped. I've bugged them enough lately. Also may try the DMV but its kind of cool to know that Albany 551 recognizes the bike. I thought there would be a chance someone on this forum would be familiar with it. I am pretty happy with the guys at redline. Even bought some supplies to be shipped with the bike(filters & plugs) from them.

Larry
Thats a 32lb sweetlips and according to local Dept of Agr & wildlife is 3rd largest recorded here. I shot him last Aug. Meat looks and tastes like beef.
Cheers Jim

Old 09-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Members helping members...the greatness continues.