Help I Need A New Rear TIRE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Default Help I Need A New Rear TIRE!

My stock rear tire Dunlop 603 is shot and i need a new tire. What shouldI Buy? I do 60% on roadand 40% off road.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Help I Need A New Rear TIRE!

dunlop 606 if you were more dirt.. id say trakmaster

Old 04-14-2008, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 on the D606
db

Old 04-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

60/40 dirt then get the 606 if youare 60/40 street then I would go with the Kenda K270

"60% of the time,...it works every time."[8D]

Old 04-14-2008, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Great, another opportunity to post my Dunlop D606BS Ultra-Wide tire pic!

Name:  TIRE4acopy.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  62.0 KB

Old 04-14-2008, 11:53 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Unfortunately, 90% of my miles are going to be on the street. However the 10% of the time that I am going to be on the dirt, I want optimum traction. So that being said, I went with the Trakmaster rear fully expecting a squirmy and a spooky ride in the street. I was totally surprised at how well the tire does in the street. It handles excellent even at agressive lean angles and I have gone Indicated 85mph on the highway and it is rock steady. The only caveat is that the reartire does lock up very easily when braking hard. Other than that, I have no complaints with it as the excellent off-road performance is worth the minor trade off in the street.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FM_Thumper

Unfortunately, 90% of my miles are going to be on the street. However the 10% of the time that I am going to be on the dirt, I want optimum traction. So that being said, I went with the Trakmaster rear fully expecting a squirmy and a spooky ride in the street. I was totally surprised at how well the tire does in the street. It handles excellent even at agressive lean angles and I have gone Indicated 85mph on the highway and it is rock steady. The only caveat is that the reartire does lock up very easily when braking hard. Other than that, I have no complaints with it as the excellent off-road performance is worth the minor trade off in the street.
i was similiar to you in needs... im maybe 20% dirt, but when im on the dirt i ride WFO and sideways. i ran 3 TK's on the rear and smoked each one in 1000 miles or less. they are a good tire, they just burn up fast with any blacktop use... runnin the d606's atm and im lovin em so far.. they seem to grab almost or just as good as the TK's and from what ive heard longer blacktop life tho i havent run em long enough yet to say.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:33 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jsac

i was similiar to you in needs... im maybe 20% dirt, but when im on the dirt i ride WFO and sideways. i ran 3 TK's on the rear and smoked each one in 1000 miles or less. they are a good tire, they just burn up fast with any blacktop use... runnin the d606's atm and im lovin em so far.. they seem to grab almost or just as good as the TK's and from what ive heard longer blacktop life tho i havent run em long enough yet to say.
The thing with the 606s are from what I remember about twice the price of the TMs. I don't know if I would put the TM on the front however, with all the street riding I do. I may go with a less agressive Kenda or a 606s for the front.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jsac

The thing with the 606s are from what I remember about twice the price of the TMs. I don't know if I would put the TM on the front however, with all the street riding I do. I may go with a less agressive Kenda or a 606s for the front.
yup.. they were around 60ish each, but if i get double the mileage and the same traction its an even break or better with less hassle of more often havin to change tires.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

Great, another opportunity to post my Dunlop D606BS Ultra-Wide tire pic!

Amazing what that Dunlop looks like with 300 psi in it!

Quick Reply: Help I Need A New Rear TIRE!