HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: HELP!!!!!

Was he a bike mechanic? or just a "mechanic? If it was lean it would do it all the time, it wouldn't disappear when its warmed up like mine does.

Old 09-10-2006, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member

If its a ticking sound you should be able to tell if it was a lean condition That sounds like WELL YOU NO...... My bike has always made a funny sounds when you accelerate hard it has done it since day one and my buddy has the same bike I rode it sunday and his does the same thing.
As for the cam chain when you have a cam chain that is not tight trust me you will no it and it will make noise when you let off the gas not when you give it throttle as much.
The problem with most dealers most mechanics don't have a clue what there doing .
Oh and the little turn signals that mount on the side of the fender most all of them are not DOT approved anyway I checked into that the reason I used those hand guards with signals they are DOT approved.
I wish I could hear these ticking sounds maybe I could figure out what it is

Old 09-10-2006, 03:32 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I've never used one so I don't know how good of a diag tool they are but I've seen a stethoscope looking thing with a wand instead of the flat pickup that might be used to pinpoint the source of noises. You can usually find them at the large auto parts places. With that, one might be able to figure a little more out about the noise.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:11 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea my dad has one of those steathascope thingys... ill have to borrow it.... and i can start my bike up and let it idle then just rev it slowly to 5000 rpms and the ticking gets real loud... it just doesnt make sense that a ticking that loud could indicate a lean condition... ill try to narrow it down to where its coming from...

Old 09-10-2006, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

ok guys i just got back from a mechanic.... not the dealer... i let him listen to the noise my bike was making, he said it sounds like a mid range lean condition... and to put a .020" shim on the clip on the needle... that doesnt make sense to me, it sounds more like a mechanical problem than not enough fuel getting to the motor in mid range... does this make sense...
Did the tick go away, you did not say what the results of the shim, which makes no sense to me either.

You may want to get an adjustable cam tensioner, then you can easily tighten her up when she is ticking.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:44 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i didnt shim it yet.... a lean condition making a tick doesnt make sense to me, it sounds more like a mechanical problem than a lean problem... but for nothing else to go from i guess ill try to shim it... ill see if i can get a video with decent sound of the tick tomorrow.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Man!! that sucked, I just had this post about a ride I just got finished with and I went to look up a word on my desktop dictionary and I lost the post GRRRRRRRR Oh well. Here it is again. I just got back from a 45 minute ride, and when I first started the bike it was ticking as usual and quite loud, anyway when I went to pull her,.....(yes my bike is a her) it was as quiet as the day I brought "her" home. So it's only loud when its cold, well that's the facts, and I know we already knew that, but I just wanted to reiterate the facts one more time. Now where's my Blackberry so I can act like I'm watching TV with the family while actually waiting for a good answer from you guys, I know ain't I bad? LOL

Old 09-10-2006, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: deej

Man!! that sucked, I just had this post about a ride I just got finished with and I went to look up a word on my desktop dictionary and I lost the post GRRRRRRRR Oh well. Here it is again. I just got back fro a 45 minute ride, and when I first started the bike it was ticking as usual and quite loud, anyway when I went to pull her,.....(yes my bike is a her) it was as quiet as the day I brought "her" home. So it's only loud when its cold, well that's the facts, and I know we already knew that, but I just wanted to reiterate the facts one more time. Now where's my Blackberry so I can act like I'm watching TV with the family while actually waiting for a good answer from you guys, I know ain't I bad? LOL
If not then we would think you were gay, out riding him or out riding her, which sounds better all my vehicles are "hers".

Hey what browser do you use on your blackberry? I have been having trouble with mine, tried opra and minuet both are unpredictable and the one that came with it want let me sign in. Any settings help or browser config would be appreciated. I will even stop kidding you about the clean bike thing, well I will try

Old 09-10-2006, 06:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Actually I rarely use the Internet on the blackberry, because its so slow, and a lot of pages don't load very well. What I do have is a Guy in Seattle with a Blackberry server that I am able to get all of my work e-mails forwarded to the blackberry while retaining a copy on the desktop at work, and at the same time I have my home e-mails forwarded to the blackberry through MyVZW account, and still having a copy when I get home, I know 4 places and three machines receiving e-mails but when I get them on the Blackberry and go through them when I get home I usually don't have to read any of them unless there was something really important. The other day I got home and had 149 e-mails just from 1 day, that's when I knew I had a problem. I have two browsers and actually when I get to the big city of Tacoma or Seattle my blackberry switches to a pretty fast new connection, but in our 1 stop light town I have to settle for the slow connection, But I can't complain since the blackberry, the unlimited data and the phone plan are all FREE!!!!!!! Yes that's right all free. I call it my gold watch 20 years before I retire.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: deej

Actually I rarely use the Internet on the blackberry, because its so slow, and a lot of pages don't load very well. What I do have is a Guy in Seattle with a Blackberry server that I am able to get all of my work e-mails forwarded to the blackberry while retaining a copy on the desktop at work, and at the same time I have my home e-mails forwarded to the blackberry through MyVZW account, and still having a copy when I get home, I know 4 places and three machines receiving e-mails but when I get them on the Blackberry and go through them when I get home I usually don't have to read any of them unless there was something really important. The other day I got home and had 149 e-mails just from 1 day, that's when I knew I had a problem. I have two browsers and actually when I get to the big city of Tacoma or Seattle my blackberry switches to a pretty fast new connection, but in our 1 stop light town I have to settle for the slow connection, But I can't complain since the blackberry, the unlimited data and the phone plan are all FREE!!!!!!! Yes that's right all free. I call it my gold watch 20 years before I retire.
What browsers are you using?

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!