Helmet cam - Tree 1, Camera 0

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Deej, we use trails like these to get to the fun singletrack.

Originally Posted by deej
Awesome, glad you and the camera are ok. But man I don't think I like that kind of trail system. Its like 1000 different directions and too many trees. Don't you have normal trails? Like this?

Old 10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

deej, is that sasquatch in the mirror?

Name:  103_6068.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  129.3 KB

Old 10-27-2008, 05:55 PM
1st Gear Member

"No trees were harmed in the making of this video."

Old 10-27-2008, 10:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Those are some tight trails. Looks like fun.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:29 PM
1st Gear Member

NoBrakes, I saw a video called Area51 sandbox, do you know Turtle with the lifted bigblock chevy?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:50 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dngrrngr
NoBrakes, I saw a video called Area51 sandbox, do you know Turtle with the lifted bigblock chevy?
No, that doesn't ring a bell with me.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like fun single track...I gotta get a helmet cam one of these days.

I liked the sandbox video (obviously ) ...... I see your friends on that ride go faster than your personal safety factor. My sand pit friends are all ex mx'ers and go waaaaaay fast, sometimes I think I'm gonna REALLY get hurt here at this pace and back off a little ....they are speed junkies. Then they say they ride slow.

F'ers.

Edit: Funny part is that they think I am a total loone in my flats bote going thru the mangroves, our fastest rider actually white knuckles at times.....I tried to tell him we are only going 50 mph, and he didn't want to hear it. I told him thats how I feel trying to keep up with him in sugar. He's like we go slow....riiiiiight they hit 70+ at times....then he laughs. I trimmed up the motor a little more, purposely losing my bite, and slid us into multi 360 slide thru the groves.....He stopped laughing.

Last edited by Finger Mullet; 10-28-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah in the Area 51 clip, the dude on the KLR was really haulin and the dude on the BMW blew by me a few times, that thing is so quiet I couldn't hear him coming. That was my first time in that area and only my 2nd time riding in sand, not to mention that I'd never claim to be the fastest rider, I'm just a weekend warrior and get out when I can which is not enough for my satisfaction, I wish I could ride a lot more, but don't we all. Most of that stuff for me that day was around 50 MPH or so on the long straights, I probably hit 60 a couple of times. It doesn't look that fast on the camera though. I'm comfortable with 50 on that stuff unless the terrain starts getting more squirrelly and unpredictable especially since I didn't know where the wash-outs and deep sand areas were, they would pop up at random and scare the begeezus out of me. If I rode in it all the time, I'd have been more comfortable. I'd like to ride that more, it was a ton of fun, a lot different than our usual stuff up here as you can see from the different clips. I noticed that at the end of the day I was a lot more comfortable than at the beginning. I guess it's just what you're used to.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

No trees were harmed in the making of this video.....LMAO

Those trails are great! Thats what they are like here except there are hills everwhere with giant gooney rocks, sometimes boulders, giant mudholes with big tire ruts in them, and trees fallen down everywhere. Sometimes when going downhill I have to go so slow that I take the bike out of gear and put some slight drag on both brakes and creep down. I wish I could do that going up. I just have to put it in first and let it burble on at 2K RPM and try to stay on the bull for the full 10 seconds.
________
Chrysler viper gts-r specifications

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
I'm just a weekend warrior and get out when I can which is not enough for my satisfaction, I wish I could ride a lot more, but don't we all. Most of that stuff for me that day was around 50 MPH or so on the long straights,
I've seen me riding on a helmet cam before....you were hitting 50 at least, perhaps more.

As far as the weekend warrior, thats me with biking.....but I bet I can haul azze in a bote better than any of ya'll can on two wheels.

Yeah I know it makes no sense...lol.

Quick Reply: Helmet cam - Tree 1, Camera 0