Helmet Cam - Laps around an old field

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:22 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Helmet Cam - Laps around an old field

Want to have some insane fun? Set up a little course like this with some friends and do some timed laps. This was a blast!

http://www.vimeo.com/4266506

Old 04-22-2009, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

That looks like a blast Nobrakes! The loop looked like it had a little bit of everything you could ask for... flat outs, gulleys, face slappers, water hazards and a some big air for good measure.

So tell the truth, who posted the fastest lap?

Old 04-22-2009, 03:24 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

That was one of the most fun local rides we've done in a while.

Fastest time: wasn't me, that's for sure!

My fastest that day was 2:10.3 as you saw. Josh (HardTaco) was 2nd with a 2:08.2, so we were only about 2 seconds apart. And Jerry, the guy talkin' and running the timer during my laps did an insane 2:01 - he flat out hauls the mail.

That 2:10.3 lap was a fun but safe speed for me, I was in full control, not riding over my head or anything like that, and I could do that all day long and never have a "moment", so to speak. But I'm an old guy that has to be at work on Monday, plus I have a wife at home that just had surgery and she still needs help getting around for a while longer so I couldn't really afford bite the dirt too hard so I didn't push it. Even so, in looking at the vid, I see lots of places where I could go faster without really pushing any more, i.e., stuff like just staying on the throttle longer, accelerating better out of turns, etc, etc, and I'm pretty sure I can knock 3 seconds off that without too much trouble next time. Josh probably can too, though, so I'll probably end up chasing his fast time again next time. And that's one of the beauties of the helmet cam, you can go back and look at it later and see all the things you should have done.

But I don't know where I'm going to find 9 seconds to match Jerry. Probably not happening.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:34 AM
1st Gear Member

I like the loop and the timing of your laps. There is a field similar to that at the Dayton Dirt Riders Club with a trail around it like that,perfect for timing laps. We could probably do something similar. But I won't suggest it untill I get some more practice on it, lol.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like alot of fun Brian,, Thanks for sharing!

Old 04-22-2009, 07:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Awesome!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Good stuff Brian.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like a lot of fun. We do laps around and old clay pit in the woods near me, but its usually chasing each other. I bet its just as fun to race the clock.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys, that loop was a ton of fun. It was HardTaco's idea to go to that place and lay out a course. It naturally evolved into a timed run after that. I can highly recommend this for some solid riding fun, especially when all the old haunts get boring and you want to do something different.

Hey lcpl, I'm looking forward to seeing some stuff with your new bike. Need some WR action. Hope the weather is starting to turn for you guys up north.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Hope the weather is starting to turn for you guys up north.
Its been reasonable as far as rain, we certainly have no shortage of water in the resevoirs. Its suppose to be in the High 70's and low 80's this weekend. Gonna be good riding

Quick Reply: Helmet Cam - Laps around an old field