Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Helmet

Just got my new helmet - Happy Birthday to me. I decided to treat myself to this helmet that I've been wanting to try for a while now. I've only had one short ride with it but it sure feels good and is proving to live up to its hype. It's billed as a motard helmet and is a top pick for dual sport / adventure type riding where you see a mix of on and off-road. The visor flips up and down like a street helmet yet there's enough room to wear goggles underneath if you choose. Also, the front vent opens up for high air flow off-road or closes off for the road where venting is less of a problem.

Also, I wanted to mention this, while I didn't see Arai listed in Suprakawigrl's store's web site, I PM'd her and she fixed me up anyway - gave a superb KF member discount which made it a good bit cheaper than I could find anywhere else on-line, not to mention free shipping even and it was here in just 3 days. Can't beat that with a stick! So ... KF membership does have its perks.

Suprakawigrl's store: http://www.gomotoriders.com/

Anyway, if you are in the market for a new helmet and want to treat yourself to something nice, give this one a look - Arai XD:

Old 05-09-2007, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Helmet

Congrats NoBrakes, I knew even before opening the post what helmet it would be though. Those seem to be a hot ticket for DS riding.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 AM

nice helmet, hey when didi you get the akrapovik exhaust system. looks sweet!

Old 05-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I got the exhaust three or four weeks or so ago - slightly used, good price, I couldn't pass it up.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Very nice, but you know that I couldn't take that the color isn't the same as the bike, well at least in three of the pictures. OK that was OCD talking sorry man.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:55 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Very nice, but you know that I couldn't take that the color isn't the same as the bike, well at least in three of the pictures. OK that was OCD talking sorry man.
Yeah, the camera is kind've playing tricks with the color - it is red. The first pic above looks accurate.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Hey nobrakes, is that swingarm a "dogboneless" design? Shock bolts right to the arm?

Old 05-09-2007, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Brian Great looking Helmet.... I would get one but I have 6 helmets now I might be buying a big street bike next so the moto helmet won't look to good on it [8D]

Old 05-09-2007, 02:52 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi

Hey nobrakes, is that swingarm a "dogboneless" design? Shock bolts right to the arm?
Yep, referred to as "linkless".

Old 05-09-2007, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

That is a gorgeous grpahics on thathelmet Nobrakes! I really love the Arai XD style but unfortunately I am between sizes on the Arai. The Large is too tight and the XL is too loose. The Shoei Large fits me perfectly. Shoei does make that style in the Hornet. http://www.helmetpro.com/catalog/shoei/shoeioffcat.html

However it is not available in stores in the US. Only over the internet. I would like to try it on for size before I buy though....

Had the Arai fit my head, I would have gotten the yellow/green version of your helmet.

Quick Reply: Helmet