hello everyone

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Default hello everyone

Im really siked about this bike.... I discovered it a few weeks ago and love it.. I've always have been strictly a dirt rider and won't the ability to ride legally to different spots. So i just placed an ad for my bike and am gonna try to sell it as soon as possible to get my hands on the klx. I haven't been able to find many reviews about the bike till I found this forum. So I had a few questions for all you guys. I was wondering how the bike handles on the road? woodland trails? Top speed stock? how it rides with a passanger? I way like 200 how do You think it would be with 130 pounds on top of that?... I no its alot to ask but its a big decision for me.. I've read a bunch of the stuff you guys have placed and think its great. thanks guys
Justin in Connecticut

Old 01-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: hello everyone

Hey Justin you sound like I did two months ago, when I ordered mine. I have been ridding mine on the streets up until today, when I got a chance to take it up a logging road, and I have to say that I was really surprised at the power, but I am going to do some sort of sprocket change soon to get a little more low end power in first gear. I like to have the power and I weigh 230 lbs, so I need all the help I can get. Keep reading all of the information here and Keep asking questions. The bike handles really good around town, (a town of 4000 with one stoplight) and I had a chance to break the motor in using the mototuneusa break in method. I took it up to 65 and it handled great, plus I still had one more gear. But I'm not really into ridding fast. I ride mine to work almost everyday, of course I only live 2 miles from work. So I'm 230 and my wife is 115, and it moved us around pretty good, but she only rode with me once, since I don't have a full endorsment yet. I let my endorsement laps a few years ago after having it for over 20 years. Oh well. I have the permit again and I can't ride at night or have any passengers with me until I pass the driving test. Man I can't wait until I can get some small trail experience. Oh speaking of one stoplight, I can't get the bike to trigger the light sensors in the street. I called the superintendant of utilities and asked him if there was any adjustment tha could be made, he said that he would call the Dept of Trans and have them look at it. I finally get tired of the light not changing and turn right, but it's getting annoying. I think that there is not enough metal to trigger it. with all of the aluminum and magnezuim I think this will be a problem, but we'll see. I get the strangest looks from the cars behind me when I motion them to get closer to me so as to get the light to change.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Default RE: hello everyone

Hey thanks alot deej. I can't wait to sell my bike so i could go ahead and get the green monster.. lol thats for the info... i'll let you no how i make out!!!