headpipe options

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:25 AM
1st Gear Member
Default headpipe options

just wondering what all is out there
i got a fmf can from a local shop was suposed to fit the klx250 but guess what.... nope
well i really like the muffler and would like to use it but i need a klx300 head pipe to fit it
i went back to the shop to size it up and it would fit on the 300

so anyone have any ideas?
ive seen the fsw one just wondering if there are other options before i buy
thnx in advance

Old 04-26-2007, 10:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: headpipe options

I used the FSW header and the FMF powercore IV on mine.on the header i tig weled the 2 cut slots closed and smoothed the outside and then i cut 2 slots in the FMF pipe so the dixon clamp will hold it.I did this because the FMF slip on fits OVER the end of the FSW header.I had posted some pics up recently in another topic about the header....

Old 04-27-2007, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

The fmf's fit the klx250, but its the R not the S that they fit. What fmf did you get? I think that the only options are a stock 300 head pipe or the fsw header.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I have an FMF Q2 sitting and waiting for a head pipe as well. I have to agree with 2k1w=no$ (who by the way must be a computer programmer)? I'm still researching options and plan to update the forum when and if I find any other alternative head pipes.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:13 AM
1st Gear Member

DC4500 what makes you think that I am a computer programmer. By the way I know in another post you talked about maybe selling the fmf and just get a full system. If you want to get rid of it let me know I might be interested in it

Old 04-27-2007, 10:49 AM
1st Gear Member

The FMF powercore IV fit my 250S just fine...I did have to "clearance" the FSW header tube at the oil feed line for the cams though on the right side of the motor/rear of the jug.The FMF silencer fits to a T and is as good if not a better,nicer looking fit than the OEM muffler.very sturdy also i must add.Again the only issue I encountered is that it slips OVER the FSW header instead of INTO it.If you call FSW they can ship you a header without the 2 slots cut into it to eliminate what I had to do (TIG weld the slots closed).If I had to do it again I would still do the same combo .....It's still pricey IMO but I can tell you that the difference in power more than made up for that.I got the FMF from rocky mountain atv for a '96 KLX250R and it was 269$ with free shipping.The header I got from FSW as I said.It sounds killer and is not overly loud but not quiet either.Has a really good tone too.Part of my reason for going with the FMF is the fact that the items they have always sold are good sturdy high quality pieces.Not the ultimate in power but i wanted durability and fit to come first.Their fit has always been darn good.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:55 AM
1st Gear Member

See if my posting of pics works yet.....
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108AZOXDhu2cta

The 2 hose clamps with the classic reynolds wrap for a clamp were only for my test and tune because i was adjusting things and i didn't use the Dixon clamp yet till after the pics.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

I was just kidding around. Your login name looks like it could be programming code from the days of old. As far as selling the Q2, I still might. In addition to researching head pipe options I'm also looking intowhethermy state will be requiring emissions testing in the near future.If so, I'll probably stick with the stock system. I'll let you know if I do want to sell it though.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I'm guessing his name stands for "2 kids, 1 wife = no cash"...

Old 04-28-2007, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=exactly.gif]

Quick Reply: headpipe options