Which Header Pipe With 331BB

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bailor
Ya know, I was pretty excited today when I checked my thread and saw that I had 16 replies. "Wow" I thought, "that's great that so many people took the time and effort to help me out!" Then I come to find out that HALF of those are just the worthless back and forth bitching of some long-standing feud. I know I'm a total newbie here and my opinion doesn't count for much, but this kind of $hit is really hurting your, yes YOUR forum, that ALL of you guys have had a hand in creating. And, from reading other posts, it's obviously sending many new people that come to this site in search of some friendly knowledge fleeing in the other direction. It's just really discouraging to, countless times, see a thread that could provide the reader with answers to questions they've been trying so hard to find, only to have it jacked and turned into a useless bitchfest. From reading tons of other posts, I know 09KLXowner, you are very knowledgeable and I believe you have people's best interest in mind; you just somehow in the process manage to **** people off. Kgwld1, you were the first to help out and I believe as per previous threads here, you have other people's best interests in mind as well. I just don't understand why then, everyone here just can't put that effort into simply helping other people that come here to seek good, AND VARIED, opinion. Which IS the point of this whole site, isn't it? Anyway, thank you both, and also the other guys who HELPED here, I appreciate your effort!

Bailor -you're new here aren't you?- first of all, welcome to the forum.

We value your opinion and appreciate your desire to keep this thread and forum operating in an objective manner. That said, we are all human and regretfully pre-disposed to the effects of group dynamics.

Being an objective person, I'm sure you do your homework and weigh all of the facts before expressing your opinion on any particular subject, right? During your study of this forum, did you happen to come across posts from the forum name Iowa_Guy, IowaGuy, Why?, 09KLXowner in addition to the repeated use of the interim name 'why?' while he figures out the next name?

It might be hard to find in some cases, because a great many of his posts were deleted with each time he was banned, but you'll still find some of his material in quoted posts.
Why do you suppose he was banned multiple times by some of the easiest going Admins on the web? Go ahead and say 'I don't care, I just want my muffler info without all the drama.' We won't fault you for it because you have a right to expect that... and we are pretty easy going too.

Just try to realize that there is a history here, and some poeple with pretty long memories...they've watched good, down to earth people with a lot of knowledge leave this forum because they would rather not read demeaning, insulting and condescending posts backed-up by nothing but IG's own emotion and personal preferences.

To his credit, 09, IG or whoever he has morphed into has tempered his act somewhat (from my point of view) as time has passed. Can you ever totally remove the spots from a leopard?...maybe not, and maybe you shouldn't try, but let's hope the latest version of IG can coexist without causing a continued bleed of valuable talent and experience from this forum. It would be nice if he could keep the same name for awhile as well.

Oh yeah, exhaust headers! Sorry man, I got off track. Get what you want, because in the end there really isn't a huge difference in performance. Once you have eliminated that stock, muffler with the soda straw sized outlet, you have already made a vast improvement. I can tell you from experience that I notice more low-end torque from the stock head pipe and more power in the mid-to-top end with my full system that has a much larger diameter header. For tight technical stuff, you might actually prefer the stock unit with a slip-on. I know of guys who are running that set-up right now with the 331 and 315cc big bores here in Japan and they seem to be very happy with the set-up. It all depends upon what you want to optimize your exhaust to do and how much money you have to spend.

In the end, you will have to sort through the chatter and form your own opinion because exhaust sytems are a HIGHLY opinionated subject anywhere you go.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Bailor,the fmf header from parts unlimited is $199. I personally like the full fmf system I'm running,it's quiet and noticed a huge difference is ummmmph when i crack the throttle.If your fortunate enough to pick up a full system thats not too bashed up for small $$ grab it, after all they all do the job in the end. My $.02

Old 09-14-2008, 04:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilaction
Heh Finger,
It's like the Jerry Springer show.
You know it's s**t and you wouldn't recommend people watch it.
But it's strangely entertaining

Well I have to admit it is strangely entertaining.... I just won't admit it to anyone.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:35 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Why? ?
I've never used that username.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
Why? ?
I've never used that username.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

?????

Old 09-14-2008, 03:44 PM
1st Gear Member

You're nuts.............genius....you couldn't figure that out?

What kills me, is people actually think you're knowledgable just because you run your mouth constantly. You put a dented exhaust on your bike and a jet kit... you're the pariah of everything KLX, you just don't know it.

Folks, this is the same guy who said he went a whole MX season on a two stroke without replacing the top end.....huh?

You run your bike on the road mostly, yet you put a 13T countersprocket on your bike, why? Because it's a popular mod that you *thought* you had to do? Certainly you didn't do it because you wanted to run 7K rpm @ 55mph, right? duh.

I don't post here anymore, danmoore has a better site, he's another one that won't come back because of your dumbass.

You are alliterate IG, not illiterate. That's not name calling, it's fact.

You have 0 experience with different exhaust mods, but yet you run your mouth about how Bill is wrong and danmoore is wrong, blah blah blah. Yeah, call any muffle manufacturer and tell them that they just arbitrarily bend their headers wherever they think looks good. Did you ever call FMF and tell them the placement of their powerbomb header is random and doesn't really make a difference yet? Oh yeah, that's right, FMF is wrong, because YOU said so.
Let's see you build a CDI for your KLX.

Tired of your nonsense,
Bob

Old 09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh Muffler King the subjects have had enough.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Keep it goin' guys. I love the late night entertainment. At someone else's expense of course.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Thread locked.