Head/Piston explosion update

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 10:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by HeavyFuel
I've been following Jhoffy's adventures, but I haven't seen any posts where he tried to blame Bill or anyone else.

If you are going to accuse him (jhoffy) of such things, would you mind providing a link to which you are referring to?

Thanks!
Didn't see anything either? IowaGuy is that you?

Old 07-31-2011, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Talking

Originally Posted by RaceGass
^^^^Funny post.

I recon' J' has been up front about everything. Some people just like to get their knikkers in a twist. Move on.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:13 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blackheart58
This "he said this, they said that" discourse isn't constructive. The facts are: you assembled it incorrectly (not only the sequence, but also the torque values) and you abused it (speed-shifting at redline...something you said was a bad habit), and it broke. That SHOULD be the end of the story.

This ill-advised internet psuedo-autopsy smacks as an attempt to implicate wrongdoing by the person that sold you the 351 kit. That's skating on thin ice.

Last edited by jhoffy22; 07-31-2011 at 02:28 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:54 PM
1st Gear Member

I've been following Jhoffy's adventures, but I haven't seen any posts where he tried to blame Bill or anyone else.

If you are going to accuse him (jhoffy) of such things, would you mind providing a link to which you are referring to?

Thanks!
Posts 87 and 89. JHoffy reported getting advice from a new mechanic, then calling Mr. Blue to see what Mr. Blue thinks about what the new mechanic said, then JHoffy stating that he will eventually get to the bottom of it.

If JHoffy would have stuck to what he said back on 7/6, where he stated that there are too many variables involved in order to know exactly what occurred, I wouldn't have said anything, because that statement seems correct.

It was making statements regarding reported phone calls to Mr. Blue, which seem in opposition to statement reportedly given by a new, un-named mechanic, that pushes his discourse across the line for me.

Just sign me as "Knickers in a wad" if you like....

Old 07-31-2011, 02:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay, so I went back and reviewed 87 & 89. I'm still not following you. How is that an "attempt to implicate wrongdoing"? Seems to me he's just keeping us updated on his communications with his various contacts regarding the cylinder.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay, so I went back and reviewed 87 & 89. I'm still not following you. How is that an "attempt to implicate wrongdoing"? Seems to me he's just keeping us updated on his communications with his various contacts regarding the cylinder.

...and JHoffy explains that this is what he's doing. I stated that it's "skating on thin ice" because JHoffy's REPORT of one mechanic's statements verses another individual's REPORTED statements can lead to all sorts of implications.

If this unknown mechanic and Mr. Blue want to have their statements on this thread, let them make them. JHoffy is not providing enlightening information by putting both men's (I'm assuming the unknown mechanic is a man...I could be wrong) statements as opposing one another's respective opinions. JHoffy states he "trusts" this unknown mechanic, then types a statement supposedly made by this mechanic that the sleeve installation was done incorrectly. That is an implication that Mr. Blue didn't do the job right, and someone JHoffy "trusts" says so.

THAT, to me, is skating on thin ice.

It's just my opinion. JHoffy already said that he didn't intend to be placing blame....gotta take him at his word on his intentions.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blackheart58
...and JHoffy explains that this is what he's doing. I stated that it's "skating on thin ice" because JHoffy's REPORT of one mechanic's statements verses another individual's REPORTED statements can lead to all sorts of implications.

If this unknown mechanic and Mr. Blue want to have their statements on this thread, let them make them. JHoffy is not providing enlightening information by putting both men's (I'm assuming the unknown mechanic is a man...I could be wrong) statements as opposing one another's respective opinions. JHoffy states he "trusts" this unknown mechanic, then types a statement supposedly made by this mechanic that the sleeve installation was done incorrectly. That is an implication that Mr. Blue didn't do the job right, and someone JHoffy "trusts" says so.

THAT, to me, is skating on thin ice.

It's just my opinion. JHoffy already said that he didn't intend to be placing blame....gotta take him at his word on his intentions.
Okay. Let's try and remember this is the internet, not a court of law. People say what they're going to say. I try not to take anything I see on teh intarweb too seriously. Just my opinion though.

As far as Jhoffy, can we agree to disagree?

Old 08-01-2011, 02:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RaceGass
Could someone explain this IowaGuy thing. I've seen this in a few threads and I have no idea what it means.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

it's not worth the time, believe me. You may be able to search the name or try muffler king.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Okay. Let's try and remember this is the internet, not a court of law. People say what they're going to say. I try not to take anything I see on teh intarweb too seriously. Just my opinion though.

As far as Jhoffy, can we agree to disagree?
I see no reason why gentlemanly etiquette shouldn't be an expectation, even on the internet. That's all I'm asking for. JHoffy did his part and stated that my impression of his posts weren't his intention, and, I take his word for his intention.

I simply expressed my opinion, then, responded to a request for further explanation. I have no problem with the results of the exercise, nor with anyone that chose to participate in it or to ignore it. I also have no problem with being said to have my knickers in a twist....I thought it was funny, in a British-sort of way.

Quick Reply: Head/Piston explosion update