have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Default have some questions

I guess I will start from the beginning. I have always wanted a dirt bike ever since I was a kid, but never had the money and now I am in collage and dont really have the means to tow a motocross bike around. I had been looking for a bike that I could ride on the street but behaved more like a motocross bike. I had searched around and I was starting to like the DRZ, but then as fate would have it I stopped by the local Kawasaki the other day. I found out about the KLX 250s and I am now in love with the bike and I havent even seen it in person yet! The dealership has one coming in next week so I cant wait. I have been reading alot of posts on this forum and I think this is going to be the perfect bike for me. Now for the questions. What kind of prices are people getting the bikes for and is there any tips I should know before buying the bike. This is going to be my first motorcycle purchase and I want it to be a good one. My next question is were do most of you guys buy your performance parts. I enjoy modding my current vehical so I am sure this thing wont be stock for long. My final question is if there are any KLX250s owners in the Fort Myers, FL area. Thanks for reading and hopefully I will be enjoying my own bike very soon.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Default RE: have some questions

there are a few of us in tampa on this forum, if you want to come up and ride one!

Old 07-29-2006, 11:03 PM

There's a rather large post in here somewhere about prices. They vary greatly from dealership to dealership, and area to area. I paid $4,400.00 not including the stupid delivery/setup fee, and the governments take. Around here, the summer is the worst time to buy a bike, but in FL, it probably doesn't make much difference. Also, the KLX is the top selling dual sport in the Northwest, so they don't deal much. As far as aftermarket parts, I like DennisKirk.com, but there are many out there-RonAyers, Worldofpowersports, and Chaparral..to name a few.

Old 07-30-2006, 04:28 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

hmmmmm........
Yup, did seem a little suspecious at first, but the spelling a grammer was too good.

Welcome to the forum, if you look around you'll find plenty of threads about prices.

Old 07-31-2006, 09:29 PM
1st Gear Member

I told the dealers I talked to that 5000 was the magic number for me. This was including tax, tag, dealer prep. In the end I got mine from Barneys in brandon for 5050.00 out the door. The actual cost on the bike was like 4168 so I think I did pretty good. Call all the Kawi dealers in your area and tell them you will buy the bike from the dealer with the best price. Make them work for it. My 2 cents...

LV

Old 08-01-2006, 01:14 AM

Sounds good. Thanks for all the help.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:26 AM

Hi-I paid retail for mine, 4699 with no setup or delivery etc. I love it-commute about 30 minutes at around 60-70 mph on windy country roads, 2-lanes, and also on dirt roads and jeep trails. Only a little singletrack, but I didn't really get it for that as I have a MTB that I ride on singletrack lots. Getting 62mpg. Top speed I've had it to is a little over 80; could probably pull more if I left it WFO long enough. It's a lot of fun-nimble bike compared to most. Good luck!
doc