Hatfield McCoy - Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow great action shots there Brian, and great camera from what I can tell. I remember those days of riding my two stroke Suzuki 250 Quadracer through the rivers around here. The nice thing about a quad, if it gets too deep, all you do is bail off and it floats on its own. As long as you don't get separated from it...LOL

Old 09-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Old 09-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Last installment. Really this time.

Finally, one evening on the way back out of the trail system, we stopped by the local bike shop to check out the new Husaberg. What a great looking bike, I've been drooling over this bike for a long time now. One day I will own one. One day.

I think HardTaco likes it too:

What's not to like? This baby is gorgeous!

Old 09-27-2009, 01:44 AM
1st Gear Member

^^^Thats a nice looking bike^^^

Old 01-07-2011, 11:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't those husabergs get horrid gas mileage?

Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah, it's not great. But probably not worse than the KTM that it replaced, though I haven't really measured too closely.

Haha, thanks for digging this old thread up. From my comments above saying I would own one some day. Now I do.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:17 AM
1st Gear Member

I thought some one just went to hat field- would have been a snow ride.

This report was the one that made me go to hatfield with my son. Were planing a trip for this summer. We have been their twice. Nov= 8-12 in of snow had to rent quads April= 4 days of rain. I think we will try late June or July this year.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Yeah, it's not great. But probably not worse than the KTM that it replaced, though I haven't really measured too closely.

Haha, thanks for digging this old thread up. From my comments above saying I would own one some day. Now I do.
How do you like it compared to your KTM? I haven't seen as much about Husaberg as I have KTM. Is Husaberg in any way related to Husqvarna?

I needed some mid winter ride reports . I may be some what of a ride report addict .

Glad to see you enjoyed the Hatfield- McCoy system (I'm from WV).

Old 01-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonB
How do you like it compared to your KTM? I haven't seen as much about Husaberg as I have KTM. Is Husaberg in any way related to Husqvarna?

I needed some mid winter ride reports . I may be some what of a ride report addict .

Glad to see you enjoyed the Hatfield- McCoy system (I'm from WV).
Haha, I'm from WV, too. Now transplanted in NC.

I really like it. I came off the older RFS based KTM - '07, which was the last year they made those. I'm not sure how it compares to the newer '08+ RC4 since I've yet to ride one. But compared to the RFS based '07 450 EXC, it's night and day difference in feel, most notably turning. I think the 'berg is almost telepathic, it's like it knows what you want to do before you do. Engine wise, I think the RFS has stronger low-end torque and feels a bit more linear up through the range. It's tough to beat that old RFS motor, it was really great. But I wouldn't trade back, simply because the handling is so much better on the 'berg and the EFI is superb.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonB
Is Husaberg in any way related to Husqvarna?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Husaberg has been owned by KTM for a few years now. Seems I heard KTM uses the Berg side of the company to test out some of their R/D.
Dan

Quick Reply: Hatfield McCoy - Ride Report