Old 09-18-2007, 06:02 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Hatfield-McCoy anyone?

water cooled two stroke 400

Old 09-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

sweet!! One of those would be sweet to put a sport bike motor in..... would sound nasty too...... they look like fun

Old 09-18-2007, 06:12 PM
1st Gear Member

and the gas and brake are on the steering wheels great for the handyclapped till you roll it and have no legs to push it back up right haha. I had a 84 Odyssey 250 the basic entry pull start no reverse... fun machines

Old 09-18-2007, 08:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey VR check on the list and see if you can ride those machines you have on the HM trails...... I have been down there 11 times in 2 years I'm pretty much up on what is going on there hell the Head of HM trails was at my wedding reception Jeff Lusk is his name.....he wanted us to get married on the trails but it didn't work out ..... Just last year they started letting side by sides use the green trails only and they have a list of the ones aloud most are Rangers .Rhinos , Mules there all about 54" anything wider than that might not work and I was told if its not on the list its a no go....The Rangers are now stopping most everyone checking for Permits that is new also I probably have over 1500 miles logged on the HM trails different systems out of the 6 they have now Great place and great people......Word of warning Water Ways which is where your going is called that for a reason if they had rain its full of big water holes.... But it is the most Bike friendly system out of all of them Pinacle Creek is next but that is another 2 to 3 hr drive from Little Coal and Water Ways..... I think Big Earls campground and Kathrines Cabins are the closest to there.....Oh they just changed there Permits you could by a 7 day pass and a yearly now they have a yearly pass for about $47.50 Jan to Jan that new rule just started I think......I'm going down to Rockhouse for a week Oct 6th getting there at the end of Trail Fest..... Have a fun safe time just wanted to let you no about the size limits....

Old 09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, you're right about us not being on the list of approved orv's. We do this at least one time and sometimes twice a year. They give us special permision to run the pilots on the trails. When we register for our permits(in advance) all of us who are on Pilots have to give them our names and addresses along with the type of buggy that we have. So all of that is prearranged.
You should try and get down there that weekend if you can. It'll be a good time.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:37 PM
1st Gear Member

I would love to but I was just there labor day weekend and I'm going down Oct 6th for 8 days so can't do it takes me about 9 to 10 hours to get there..... Glad they let you ride your piolets there all great people .....Have Fun

Old 09-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Dangit, my wife says she has to work that weekend and I'll need to be here with the kids. [:@]

I've been really wanting to get up to H&M. I think it's only between 5 and 6 hours for me.

Must see if the wife can change her schedule ...

Old 09-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

take the kids sounds like a family event.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I'd be a little loaded down on the KTM with 3 kids.

Besides, if it's anything like Jersey, there'll be lots of language I wouldn't want my kids exposed to in their tender years, so family event = NOT.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:27 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Dangit, my wife says she has to work that weekend and I'll need to be here with the kids. [:@]

I've been really wanting to get up to H&M. I think it's only between 5 and 6 hours for me.

Must see if the wife can change her schedule ...
Brian, get r done!! If she needs someone to call in an excuse for her, I'll do it!

Let's see ........ "Hello? This is Epsteins mom calling, Mrs. Nobrakes won't be coming in for the next few days. Mr. Nobrakes is going to be out of town, acting like a kid, and she needs to stay at home and make sure the kids don't tear the place down."

Will that work?

Quick Reply: Hatfield-McCoy anyone?