Has anyone change their seat cushion?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Has anyone change their seat cushion?

Do you guys think the seat may be uncomfortable because it slopes towards the tank?...i.e I know someone on here has the tall race seat that looks a lot straighter across the top (I think it's 2k1w=n$)?and maybe the having the rider's weight constantly slippingtowards the front of the bike causes the back and azz pain?

Old 04-25-2008, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

I have a Renazco on my KLX.I just finished a trip to my daughter's house near Tokyo. No special pants, just blue jeans and boxer shorts...no powers or the likes either. It was roughly 450 miles each way. My wrists and neck were the only areas of discomfort. No issues with the...err..posterior what-so-ever.

The seat is awesome.You getan idealbalanceof support and cushoning. They build according to your weight. It'snot overly softlike the stock KLX seat, where the cushion climbs into your crotch and exerts enough pressure to make you wanna cry after 30min.I've said many times that this should have been my first mod on this bike...I log a lot of miles on the slab $300.00 for the basic, black vinyl covered model, but worth every penny for me.
I'm with Tremor. The KLX seat is okay for those 30-60 minute trail ride. But those 60+ minute slab ride really can be a pain in the buttox. I just saved enough for one, will be ordering one soon, hopefully.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Absolutely not. I just gave you a 900 mile ride report with no discomfort issues at all.How can you read thattangible info, then go to a photo and start speculating to the contrary?

I hope the info benefited somebody.

ORIGINAL: mudjunkie

Do you guys think the seat may be uncomfortable because it slopes towards the tank?...i.e I know someone on here has the tall race seat that looks a lot straighter across the top (I think it's 2k1w=n$)?and maybe the having the rider's weight constantly slippingtowards the front of the bike causes the back and azz pain?

Old 04-25-2008, 02:31 AM
1st Gear Member

tremor..I don't get what u mean?[:-]...what photo do you think I was referring to...I am speaking from my own saddle time experience..I can feel my body wanting to slide forward in the seat to the low spot near the front of the seat..I was just curious to know if the guy with the tall race seat has seen an improvement with that style seat versus the stock. I am sure the renzaco is quite comfy..as well it should be for the price..just feeling out other options for those with shallower pockets that's all.

BTW if i had to drive 900 miles I am sure I'd rent a car long before taking the KLX, but that's just me. 900 miles on any bike has to be somewhat uncomfortable regardless of the seat.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:43 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

MudJunkie - You're exactly right. The forward sloping seat has always bothered me... I find myself fighting the slope all the time, pushing my *** back and then sliding forward again.
It's one of my biggest complaints about the ergos on this bike.