Hardtaco's Mod'd 07 klx for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 04:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Dam, what's up with the thread crapping? Seriously - he's selling it, he can ask whatever he wants for it. You don't like it, close the thread and move on.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:31 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
Yo Nobrakes, did you get your tubebliss yet??? I'm really wanting to get one, they told me the rear would be available now...well de nada para mi...tu?
Yeah, long story. The cliff notes are that I'm still running tubes. Tubliss is a bit tricky to install correctly. I had trouble getting it to work a few days before leaving for Hatfield McCoy. I didn't want to have to rely on this new fangled and unproven technology, and my inexperience with its nuances, and risk screwing up our Hatfield McCoy trip with flats. So I'm back to tubes.

Never did get the rear yet, still back ordered as far as I know. I'll experiment with the front that I have, but will hold off on the rear until I'm more confident in it. I've never really had a problem with the ultra heavy duty tubes that I have. So I'm thinking KISS - keep it simple, stupid, might win out for me.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Hmmmm, no rear for you either and you ordered way before me....ok.

What were the issues with installing the front......the whole system seemed odd but really good at the same time.

Bump, Taco has a nice bike.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:14 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Popped the high pressure inner tube that sits down in the rim well when I first pumped it up. I probably didn't have something right, it ripped apart at the valve stem. I'm thinking I maybe did not have the valve stem screw properly positioned to support the tube against the inside of the rim, causing too much deformation. But I'm not sure. At the moment of truth, when I pumped 110 lbs of air as per the instructions, it went pffffsssssssst, and I was back at square one. They sent a spare inner tube, so I can try again without spending any more money. But like I said, having that happen on my first go didn't give me a lot of confidence, especially before a bike trip, so I just stuffed my regular UHD tube back in there for the time being.

Bump for HardTaco.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

oh wait, let me get in on this- BUMP FOR hARDtACO. LOL

my post was a jab at those guys (your buddies), for commenting on how I always have to put my "1/2 cents" in on for sale threads. well, I simply said how I thought it was interesting how they can't NOT comment on my comments; meaning that they can't help themselves but to comment on my comments. Their statement about me always commenting on for sale threads contradicted with itself, or went against what they were complaining of me doing, as they always have to comment on my comments. understand?

or was it my reference to the orange bike as being a status symbol that got at ya? either way, it's not like you can't clean the post up if you want. you're a mod now with power to clean up any post you choose. that, or you've broken into my account as you edited one of my posts last week where you claim insults were hurled, but sat back silently as one of your buds called me a retard the next day.

it seems this is how it happens around here: I make a comment where I clearly state that it is just my opinion, where at least two others agree with me and one specifically agreeing with me saying I was right. then, two or three members come on here and start flaming and we end up in 7-8 pages of crap. I guess it makes for interesting reading. but isn't there a classifieds section for this type of thread- HARDTACO??? I guess if you don't want people commenting on what you have for sale, don't post it.

Last edited by 09KLXowner; 09-27-2008 at 06:01 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
... I simply said how I thought it was interesting how they can't NOT comment on my comments;
Expand the contraction and you have "they can not not comment ...". "not not", the two negatives cancel out leaving - "they can comment". You prefixed that with "no way" which leaves "no way they can comment".

Anyway, an apparently feeble attempt at humor on my part.

And yes as you point out, I did remove some of your insults directed at others. And if you look closely, you will find other posts that were edited by me also removing insults directed to you. Doesn't mean I can catch everything, I'm only human. If it gets too nasty, I don't mind handing out vacations for a day or two so folks can cool off. But that would not be my first choice.

Oh, bump for HT.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Expand the contraction and you have "they can not not comment ...". "not not", the two negatives cancel out leaving - "they can comment". You prefixed that with "no way" which leaves "no way they can comment".

Anyway, an apparently feeble attempt at humor on my part.

And yes as you point out, I did remove some of your insults directed at others. And if you look closely, you will find other posts that were edited by me also removing insults directed to you. Doesn't mean I can catch everything, I'm only human. If it gets too nasty, I don't mind handing out vacations for a day or two so folks can cool off. But that would not be my first choice.

Oh, bump for HT.
why do they cancel?
"can't not", or "cannot not" means that someone is unable to do something that they are trying not to do.

ie. "The man's credit is so good that he can't NOT qualify for any loan he applies for.
ie. The man's credit is so flawless that he would undoubtedly qualify for any loan he applies for. Meaning that there would be no chance that he would be denied a loan.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow now English lessons, there isn't a thread you can't screw up. Muffler King is now the English King.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
why do they cancel?
"can't not", or "cannot not" means that someone is unable to do something that they are trying not to do.

ie. "The man's credit is so good that he can't NOT qualify for any loan he applies for.
ie. The man's credit is so flawless that he would undoubtedly qualify for any loan he applies for. Meaning that there would be no chance that he would be denied a loan.
I would agree if you hadn't used the "no way" phrasing. Without the "no way" phrasing, your example becomes:

"The man's credit is so good that he can qualify for any loan he applies for." See, the two negatives cancel out and the sentence still makes sense.

But when you prefix that with "no way" like you did in your original statement, it has the opposite affect and is essentially a triple negative which reduces to a negative. So applying your original "no way" phrasing to your example, it becomes:

"The man's credit is so good that there is no way he can't not qualify for any loan he applies for."

And after the negatives cancel, it becomes:

"The man's credit is so good that there is no way he can qualify for any loan he applies for."

Doesn't make sense. See?

Another bump for Taco.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Taco tell us more about the bike and mods?

Quick Reply: Hardtaco's Mod'd 07 klx for sale