Hard time Starting after a Ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Hard time Starting after a Ride

Ok..Hears the deal,Just got the bike Jetted,runs great,no problems high/low RPMs all great...no problem cold starting anymore,pull choke fires right-up..So go for a ride shut it off and now a REAL hard time turnning over,crank crank finally starts shut it off starts right up...hmmm..It use to fire right up after a ride...What has changed?.I was thinking its Hot,but why would it start right up after it Does start.."still Hot" I havent tried any tricks yet...twist throttle push start...Soooo anyone..Thanks....275 mi...brand new

Last edited by azdeuce; 06-30-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

how many miles on it? valve clearance... I know my bike was fine one ride, then the next ride i could barely get it started, valves were wayy too tight.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Only has 275mi...FMF full system..kdx snok..Uni..125jet..like said runs great,cold start no problem anymore..nice..But I dont buy the hot start forever start..Like I said Once it starts I shut it off and it fires like a shotgun everytime... vapor lock...no gas.....I will try turning the Throttle next time...

Old 06-30-2011, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member

I have to give mine a tiny amount of throttle to get mine started when hot. Have the same setup you are running.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya I will try that later today...It is wierd...It switched from hard start cold to hot..

Old 06-30-2011, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cegusman
I have to give mine a tiny amount of throttle to get mine started when hot. Snip
Same here.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Well..went for a quick 10mile..to see whats up,and didnt start,give it a little 1/4-1/2 turn and left it there,and she fired up...guess she likes some gas now to fire...so cool..hope this helps others...

Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I found on the CV carb, to start it cold I had to use the choke and not touch the throttle at all. Then when the bike was at running temp, in order to start it I had to not touch the choke, but give it a little bit of throttle while cranking over.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Arctra
Yeah, I found on the CV carb, to start it cold I had to use the choke and not touch the throttle at all. Then when the bike was at running temp, in order to start it I had to not touch the choke, but give it a little bit of throttle while cranking over.
Exactly the way it is for my bike (running CVK34 carb). Both before and after the camshaft mod. I reckon that when the bike is hot the pilot circuit needs to be "woke up" with a little throttle airflow through the carb.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:37 PM
1st Gear Member

On mine wich is jetted for stage 2 but the starting jet isn't drilled it was a matter of learing how to start the bike. When hot it likes to have the throttle twisted and she will fire. I ground on the starter alot until I learned what it wanted.

Quick Reply: Hard time Starting after a Ride