hard to start?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: hard to start?

ORIGINAL: IG
Your newly becoming arrogance is slowly causing the forum to implode deej. Ever since you've become a mod and started w/your threats and macho attitude, the comaradery has lessened.
That's a crock of shiznit there buckaroo. Now finish your creamed corn before you post again.[8D]

Old 11-18-2007, 01:20 PM

deej - what you failed to understand, is kawiridr04 was asking how to START his bike (and I gave a viable answer to his question) - and yes, it is easier to pull this seat than it is to drain the carbs. You, however, seemed to think you'd offer a solution to PREVENT the situation from even occurring - and then critisize my answer because it didnt follow suit with yours. Hit a nerv or not - you were being a smartazz and that seems to be the norm for you. I, personally, dont find it appealing. I appreciate the PM, and the effort to reconcile - but if you would actually understand the question(s) being asked and not critisize people who aremaking an effort to help others ... that might work even better.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:57 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfrpilot

The gas does indeed go bad. My guess is that it has something to do with the particular components in the carburetor reacting to the additives in the gas. Not only does my KLX have this problem but my XL600 has the same problem. Now before anyone goes off half cocked on this, it's a known fact that on the older bigger bore Honda's, if you didn't have just the right starting proceedure you could kick for days and not get them started. Well once I got mine figured out, I noticed that after setting for a couple of days it took longer to start. Then once it sat for a little over a week and it took about 35 kicks to get going. So the next time that this situation arose I just drained the bowl and 2 kicks and it was running.
I have a TT500 that I had pulled the headpipe off of to put on my XT. So the TT has sat off to the side, unused for at least seven months. I never intended it to sit that long, I didn't run the carb dry or drain the bowl. Yesterday, I finally got off my duff, changed the oil in the TT, put a header back on, and it fired up on the third kick. I'm not saying gas doesn't go bad, I know it does, but apparently not all bikes are hard to start when they've been sitting for extended periods.

Old 11-18-2007, 03:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I dont see how removing the seat is easier than draining the carb. 1/4 turn with a T handle & out the gas comes.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bonafide

deej - what you failed to understand, is kawiridr04 was asking how to START his bike (and I gave a viable answer to his question) - and yes, it is easier to pull this seat than it is to drain the carbs. You, however, seemed to think you'd offer a solution to PREVENT the situation from even occurring - and then critisize my answer because it didnt follow suit with yours. Hit a nerv or not - you were being a smartazz and that seems to be the norm for you. I, personally, dont find it appealing. I appreciate the PM, and the effort to reconcile - but if you would actually understand the question(s) being asked and not critisize people who aremaking an effort to help others ... that might work even better.
Seriously I didn't mean to sound like that, I just wanted to help someone out for the future, thanks for reminding me to read carefully before I post, I seem to do that a lot. No ill will intended I promise.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 11-19-2007, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej
Question FM, where do you spray starting fluid on the bike? Are you having to take off the seat? If so then I can guarantee that the other way is less trouble.
Deej, since I did the carb mods I have not had any problem starting the KLX even if it sits for a couple of weeks. The bike starts instantly. My other two bikes have no problem either regardless of how long it sits(within reason of course).

The bike that I had to use the starter fluid was on my 1992 Serow, which is a chronic hard starter as you know. I had to take off the side cover off on that one and shoot the fluid.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:17 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

hey deej, you can run but you can't hide. the truth is out on you now and people are seeing it. you can keep on deleting my posts, but they get through buddy. you're slowly irritating people and thus people are seeing your true colors. everyone knows mine, but yours are coming out with each and every "smartass" post you write.
Ok IG first of all I didn't delete your posts, although I should have, the other mods and at least one of theadmins are taking over for me in your case. Other people are watching things, I'm not the only mod around.And if you are trying to get people to come to your corner, well that's sad my friend. Go find other forums to irritate. If I ever offended anyone in here I apologize in advance, except to you IG. You need to get a life and quit stirring up trouble for the majority of us that enjoy being here.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:01 PM
1st Gear Member

[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 11-19-2007, 12:49 PM

Did a oil leak search found this. http://www.doesharleysuck.com/

Quick Reply: hard to start?