Handlebar ZETA kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Handlebar ZETA kit

Once again I present images of the latest changes that I held in my KLX250EFI: Handlebar clamp kit ZETA.

- ZETA RACING -

I must say that I had to modify the anchor on my bike because I have a tree lower triple clamps replaced by one of KX250 1993. These have a different offset of the KLX250 (21mm)

This forced me to develop a cap on the wheel to move the new offset 23/4mm
In this picture you can see the ignition key and switch the selector PowerCommander V with power of two maps.

This achieves greater stability at high speed, the bike feels more safe and secure. Roll over soft surfaces is no longer a problem and the bike does not tend to close the address.

If this were not enough, you can earn even more stability by placing the handlebars in a rearmost position. The ZETA kit allows you to place the handle in several different positions (more advance = more nervous behind = more stability)

It's a great invesión, and recommend it to anyone with stability problem on your bike or driving on sandy areas. It is a good alternative to the steering dampers, as well as providing greater rigidity on driving.And it looks beautiful!

Old 05-24-2012, 11:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice work jeff, good alternative for stabilizing those high speed wobbles!!

I cannot find a steering damper for my bike that doesn't mess with the handlebar clamps or the headlight.....i have pretty much given up & have learnt to put up with the wobble of death when going faster than 140kmh (86mph).

Old 05-24-2012, 12:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Jeff, what length are your KTM mirrors?

Old 05-24-2012, 08:46 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't understand what it does differently than the stock clamp. Care to enlighten?

Old 05-24-2012, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

The new upper clamp weighs more than the stock clamp? Huh.... Usually aftermarket stuff weighs less...

That Leo Vince pipe looks sweet

Last edited by RaceGass; 05-24-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Not quite on this topic, but I just got my Zeta handguards. I have Renthal Fatbar, so I specifically ordered 1-1/8" version. The damn things will not fit these bars no matter what I tried. The clamps are in position where the bar tapers off rather steep, just above the bend and there's not enough meat to clamp it on. I'm sure that standard 7/8" clamps would not work either as the taper is quite pronounced.

Anyone else with Fatbars and Zeta Handguards here with a suggestion?

Cheers and happy riding everyone.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Websurfing101
Jeff, what length are your KTM mirrors?
There are mirrors KTM, although it would seem.
They have very good vision, equal to or better than Kawasaki's own, but are retractable and does not make them dangerous for the offroad.
The local industry markets here Vicma. They are a little lighter too.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikesova
I don't understand what it does differently than the stock clamp. Care to enlighten?
Do not quite understand the question. Excuse me.
Improving the ZETA facility are many: removes some flexing of the fork, allowing the handlebar to vary the anchor advancing or delaying. With these specifications you can make the bike more stable or even more nervous. It is a possibility to adapt more to their liking driving.

The OEM handlebar aluminum is a very poor quality, breaks easily when you install a Fatbar.

If in addition we complement with a lower KX triple the result is another fork!

Old 05-25-2012, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RaceGass
The new upper clamp weighs more than the stock clamp? Huh.... Usually aftermarket stuff weighs less...

That Leo Vince pipe looks sweet
Yes, it's 100g heavier.
Almost always occurs when installing elements of higher quality, for example, wheel rims. Excell or Warp9 are heavier, but more resistant.

Shock and fork springs are also harder heavier.

Still I got my KLX obtain figures on the scale very good: about 126kg.

I hope to reach the 125kg or less with the installation of a FMF PowerCore4 (1kg less) + link aluminum (200g less) and a handle bar (200g) and taking care of many other small details.

I think it's a very good figure if we think that the bike is equipped with many accessories-electric starter, PowerCommnaderV-two mirrors, skid plate, hand guards, etc.. That is, in order of battle.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sharan
Not quite on this topic, but I just got my Zeta handguards. I have Renthal Fatbar, so I specifically ordered 1-1/8" version. The damn things will not fit these bars no matter what I tried. The clamps are in position where the bar tapers off rather steep, just above the bend and there's not enough meat to clamp it on. I'm sure that standard 7/8" clamps would not work either as the taper is quite pronounced.

Anyone else with Fatbars and Zeta Handguards here with a suggestion?

Cheers and happy riding everyone.
Be careful with you in the falls Fatbar Renthal: handlebars will not bend and the entire force will be received by the poor OEM aluminum handlebar fracturing.
I'm not making this up, I've seen.

To install your ZETA handguards, could serve to place some longer screws?

One more thing. To address the issue of anchor Renthal, do you use turrets adapter?

Quick Reply: Handlebar ZETA kit