Handlebar Risers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Handlebar Risers?

www.rockymountainatv.com is indeed a good place to start. From their homepage, they have a handlebar fitment guide. It's halfway down the "terms and info" box on the left...

I have their "house brand" Tusk bars. They are nice bars for a nice price.

Everything ships from Orem, Utah. If you order in the morning, it will ship in the afternoon. Since you are so close to them, you'll have your new bars and/or risers in (2) days. Shipping is a flat $7 for orders under $100. Spend $100 (it's easy) and shipping is free. No, I don't work for Rocky Mountain ATV, but I shop there a lot.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:38 PM
1st Gear Member

You guys are always a great help-THANKS! Deej, most guys don't like tall women, they find us too physically aggressive

Old 10-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

physically aggressive? isnt that the same thing as FUN? ok it needs said and i might as well do it... your just hot. there.... Ya need to get away from those girly men, and get a manly man.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

You could probably beat me up and I'd like it..............whoops was that out loud?[8D] But seriously I wish I was in shape like you, I start panting just thinking of walking up a hill. 43........not as good as advertised. I need to lose weight, that much I know, but I have asthma (although I usually don't admit it), so just talking too long gets me winded. But on the KLX I seem to not care, its a good tired that you just can't explain to someone who doesn't ride. And I have even heard some people say that riding a motorcycle in off road conditions is not a sport, well I for one would like to see someone like that do it. I went 3 laps around a friends track when I first got the bike and I was so out of breath after the 3rd lap that it felt like I had just ran a mile, (not that I have ever ran a mile)

They say if you can't run a couple of miles and do 50 push ups you should not be competing in motocross, and I have to agree. That's why I stick to the fire roads, trails and around town. Its all good, just as long as you are trying and are having fun out there. That's what life is all about. Sorry for thread jacking, so I'll end it by saying I would like to get bar risers for my bike, I'm 6-1 and feel like a hunch back when standing, which I do a lot while riding. If the cables are long enough I would love to add 2 inches to the bar height. Anyone know what will fit our bikes in the 2 inch range?

Old 10-01-2007, 04:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I bet I can get at least another 50 posts out of that last comment! And just what is a manly man (definition)?

Old 10-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

not a pu**y.......

official definition

Manly Man: A man who is comforable in his own skin, but doesn't use skin care products. Someone who drives a vehicle with "muscle" But knows where to draw the line. i.e.- you won't need a ladder to get in. A man who loves women, but not all at the same time. *see playa. Protective but not overly aggresive. Prefers big dogs over cats. Masculine sans machismo. Hetero sexual, period. Soap? Irish Spring, of course

Old 10-01-2007, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 on the tusk risers, alot of adjustment.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:02 PM

Kathy, I'm 6'2" and I changed the bars to a Pro-Taper 7/8" Reed/someone bend and it's a LOT better. Didn't have to move any of the cables and it helps the comfort of standing quite a bit. I think they were $50-70, can't remember anymore. Worth the investment though, I went down pretty hard this weekend and actually twisted the forks in the triple clamp (no damage) and the bars are fine.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawikathy

I bet I can get at least another 50 posts out of that last comment! And just what is a manly man (definition)?

I always wanted to be like Tom, but it was not meant to be. Hey I got the hairy part down. If you saw me you would say. "Maybe we did evolve" TMI? Sorry.

What about Sam Elliot? He's a manly man....right?

Now if you ask my wife, then its a three way tie between these three.

And of course the lead singer to Maroon 5

Ok I gotta go look at the HOTD thread and get away from all of this nonsense.[8D][8D][8D]

Old 10-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ok deej, to know you sat there and searched for those images is just wrong.......

Quick Reply: Handlebar Risers?