Handlebar question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 06:08 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Handlebar question

I´ve read in a thread here someone saying that the Renthal CR High bend is pretty close to the stock handlebar. Could anyone please confirm that the stock bar width is 760mm?

I was about to order a new handlebar, but I decided to measure the stock one first, and I am glad I did. The CR High bend is 795mm. I am thinking I´ll have problems with the [stupid] short clutch cable.

Now, I remember...it was Highbeam that uses (or used) the Renthal. Help?!

Old 06-10-2011, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member

I just put a set of Renthal Fatbars on my bike, in CR High bend. They're a little wider than the stock bars but the bend and height looked pretty similar to me.

I got everything to fit with 30 mm risers so you should be fine. I slid the lever perches in a little and had to reroute the clutch cable and the wiring for the switches. Throttle and brake were ok.

Debby

Old 06-10-2011, 11:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Thank you.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Wide bars are why God gave us the pipe cutter! I've used one numerous times on various bikes to slightly narrow them. My first MX bars were 38". I rode once with them then cut like 3" off each end. If you don't like the width and there is room to move controls, cut them down. It's normal.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I got the Pro Taper Contour CR High with risers and I cut about an inch off each side. My controls barely fit on there and if I turn to the left it revs the motor. Eh

Old 06-10-2011, 11:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bazzy
I got the Pro Taper Contour CR High with risers and I cut about an inch off each side. My controls barely fit on there and if I turn to the left it revs the motor. Eh
Then you need to shorten them a little. Or, check your routing.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:08 PM
1st Gear Member

The CR high smight be a touch wider but nothing worth worrying about. I held them against each other (OEM and CR high) while both were off and couldn't tell any difference. Maybe there were a couple of mm diff in length, I didn't notice. What's a millimeter anyway? Not enough to hurt your controls.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bazzy
Originally Posted by Sakiman289
Then you need to shorten them a little. Or, check your routing.
Reminds of: "Gee, I cut it twice and it's STILL too short?!"

Old 06-12-2011, 09:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Highbeam
What's a millimeter anyway?
Smilin' Bob from Enzyte will tell you "a lot!"

Old 06-13-2011, 11:53 AM
1st Gear Member

I just put a pair of beautiful gray Pro-Taper SEs in a CR - :igh bend on my KLX. They are approx.the width and rise. I also added some risers. Only isasaue I have is left mirror will not fit properly because the bend in the bar is where the mirroe ashould sit. I ground some off the mirror bracket but its still not correct.

Quick Reply: Handlebar question