Handle Bar Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Default Handle Bar Question

I put a slight bend in my stock bars and would like to replace them with a stronger aftermarket product. I like the bend and measurements on my current bars, they fit me fine, and would like to find something that is really similar. Something that doesn't require cable rerouting and such. Any suggestions? I've read onhere that a lot of you are changing to a raptor bend but I'm happy with the way they fit me now and would just like to find something stronger. Thanks for your help.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:38 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Handle Bar Question

do you know how to search for posts containing stuff? theres a search button near the top of the page... its very usefull

I just replaced minewith moose racing carbon steel cr high bend bars...16.99 cant beat the price... well maybe a few bucks cheaper...
Name:  handlebars004.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  44.1 KB

Name:  handlebars002.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  41.4 KB

Name:  handlebars006.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  47.5 KB

Old 02-16-2007, 10:42 PM

I think just about anything you buy is going to be stronger than the stock bars. If you want to stay on the cheap, the there are many manufacturers that offer steal bar in the $15 to $20 range. If you want aluminum bars (lighter but still way stronger than the stock bars) then you are going to spend $25 (Tusk @ rockymountainatv.com) or in the $30s for MSR and a few others. The upper end would be Renthal, Tag, Pro-Taper and the like which will run from $60 to $80 or so.

Personally, my next set of bars will definitely be the Tusk Raptor bend. The Tusk bars are available in a wide range of bends, though, so you can probably find what you are looking for.

I don't remember if we ever came up with a name for the bend of the stock bars. Many people were putting on CR-HIs for a while, which were reported to be the same sweep, etc. as the stock bars but with an inch or two rise above the stockers.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

your following me arnt you chris? it seems like you always post right after me.....

Old 02-16-2007, 11:13 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Heres a thread with some comparison pics for you.
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_108402/tm.htm

Im going with the pro-taper SE bars http://www.protaper.com/sebars.html

Old 02-17-2007, 12:41 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kmarshall

I put a slight bend in my stock bars and would like to replace them with a stronger aftermarket product. I like the bend and measurements on my current bars, they fit me fine, and would like to find something that is really similar. Something that doesn't require cable rerouting and such. Any suggestions? I've read onhere that a lot of you are changing to a raptor bend but I'm happy with the way they fit me now and would just like to find something stronger. Thanks for your help.
Based on this I would recommend the MSR Dominators in one of the KX bends. Check out the thread JB1 posted. This is only one posiiblity as there are severalbends & manufacturers that would fit the bill as other have reported. There is no right or wrong when it comes to bar prefernce. I only recommend these because I was able to compare them directly to the stock bars as I had a set of both. The KX Highs are virtually the same bend with a little bit taller rise. If you dont want taller I believe they have a KX Low & maybe a Mid. They are strong aluminum, light, & not as expensive as Renthals or Pro Tapers. Rocky Mountain has them for sure.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Personally I'm going to try the Tusk aluminum bars in a KX low bend. I'm also getting the Tusk bar risers, I know it seems kinda backwards but I need the risers so I can slide the fork tubes up in the triple clamp to lower the front to match my 1" lowering link in the rear. I'm ordering the above stuff tonight.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:00 AM

Thanks for all the help everyone. I ended up using a combination of advice from a couple of you. I ordered Tusk aluminum bars with the KX Hi bend. I also ordered some Tusk handguards to go with the bars. Again thanks for the help.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:20 AM
1st Gear Member

The www.rockymountainatvmc.com catalog actually lists the different dimensions for each bar that they offer. Just call 800481-6724. I found it interesting that "CR High Bend", and basically all bends seem to change from manufacturerto manufacturer. Example: TUSK T-10 = Width 32", Height 3.75", Pull Back 3.00". MSR Dominator = Width 31.63", Height 4.50", Pull Back 3.80"

Old 02-19-2007, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi all,
Has anybody put a set of fat bars on a klx yet, how did they go, to me it would really clean up the cockpit area
cheers hatto

Quick Reply: Handle Bar Question