had a run in with mr enforcer.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default had a run in with mr enforcer.

Hey guys, just thaught id share what happened to me yesterday.

I was out for a nice ride, i started out going into my local trails, which were soooo soupy and wet that i almost couldnt go anywhere but it was fun. Then i headed onto the pavement for a nice ride. Well i got into the little town by my wifes work and i stopped at a stop sign and started going again then saw a bunch of younger boys, and you guys know how young boys like our bikes, especially on the street. I even had on my MSR mx shirt and stuff, well i popped the front end up for them, just real quick, i cant ride wheelies or anything. Well when the bike came back down i looked up to the next intersection and saw a cop car, stopped right in the middle of the intersection. He was turning right and i was turning left, going the same direction, needless to say once he got behind me on came the lights and siren. So i pull over and shut the bike off, and he comes walking up, and says "You having a hard time keeping it on two wheels?" so i say "No, Sorry sir, sorry." I mean he knew what i did and what i was doing, so there wasnt much i could say. Then he says " Keep it down, and take it easy" then goes back to his car. I was like PHEW!!!! that could have been bad, and when i got home i saw that my plate was all covered in mud and couldnt even really read it. He could have nailed me for alot, but he was cool about it. Thank goodness.... So moral of the story.... Make sure there is no cops before elevating the front tire...... It was the first really nice day, it was like 75. [sm=guilty.gif] [sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 03-14-2007, 11:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: had a run in with mr enforcer.

You are pretty lucky on two counts:

1) He didn't give you a ticket on the spot, and
2) Your plate was so muddy, he probably couldn't put a note against your license that you received a warning

I got pulled over on National Capital Region property twice in 3 years. I was "well behaved" both times, so the cop let me off with a warning, but the second time he said that "You've already been warned about this before!". (I knew that I was on NCR property, but it wasn't well marked, so I pretended to not know.) Anyway, I'm sticking to the asphalt whenever I even get near NCR land!

Old 03-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Man I'm always doing wheelies around town, I should quit while I'm ahead. But its so much fun, and I can ride wheelies.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Glad you didn't get a ticket, that wouldn't be fun. Looks like it turned out to be a truly great day!

Old 03-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea it was a great day. awsome first warm day of spring. That moose bag is great!! its nice to have some storage!

Old 03-15-2007, 12:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Eric, you of all people need to be careful around law enforcement people. With that sinister look that you have going, you could be a frequent victim of profiling!!

Old 03-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

The cop probably felt sorry for you because you didn't have the Muzzy pipe and decided you have suffered enough.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

If the bike was still wet with mud and he did give you a hard time there's always the muddy glove slippery clutch lever angle. Aside from that take there's no "excuse" for a wheelie on pavement, unless you need to clear roadkill.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Sometimes curtious and respectfull goes a long ways.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

The cop probably felt sorry for you because you didn't have the Muzzy pipe and decided you have suffered enough.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif] [sm=nxsmile.gif] [sm=ttiwwp.gif] [sm=violin.gif]

Yeah he took pity on you cause of your rusty old Big Gun