Hack that mudflap off!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 01:48 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Hack that mudflap off!

I love it, my only questions is whether you'l get coated in mud once you get that rooster tail spraying up the back?? Once i get over having a new bike ill likely do the same!

Nice Job.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:37 PM

I have a metal fab shop, strongweld.com. This skid plate is the first prototype for R&D, should have these perfected in a month and will manufacture a grip of thesefor you guys. I also am working on a few other aluminum sheet metal projects and some CNC billet parts. I'll keep you all informed here in the weeks to come.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:38 PM
1st Gear Member

I really like the front profile of the bike with the guards and leds .. that's sweet. Do you have part #'s etc and sourcing for them? Would not mind a bit setting my ride up like that .. very very nice looking

Old 06-03-2008, 03:39 PM
1st Gear Member

oops .. replied to the linked post rather than the original .. sorry!! good flap fix b.t.w.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:46 PM
1st Gear Member

awsome ive been wanting rid of that ***** looking thing lmao,,, yeah thems factory turnsignals

Old 06-03-2008, 04:41 PM
eas
1st Gear Member

Can somebody please link all the attachment pics onto one reply? These attachments are driving me crazy!![:@]

Old 06-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

no one's figured out the nice line to cut on the '09 yet I see. tbh, the long fender doesn't bug me much and I've noticed it catches alot of mud/water. I'm in no hurry to hack mine off, but I am going to cut the reflector steel plate that mounts the license plate. I don't like how the reflectors stick out on the side.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheHoov!

skidplate
not for nothing but your plate provides no protection for the water pump. i don't know where your riding but if it's in any rocks you might want to redesign it a bit. sorta like the utah skidplate only better. the "wings" need to come up higher on the sides and should have some bracing to keep them from bending in on the motor. it'll be ugly as sin but function is more important thanform. IMO

Old 06-05-2008, 05:27 AM

Looks good to me.One thing I have planned on doing since I bought mine.

I think I have seen the "sweet" line as well.At least the best look in my opinion.Maybe I will get brave and attempt the "hack"!!!

Old 06-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Offroad

Looks good to me.One thing I have planned on doing since I bought mine.

I think I have seen the "sweet" line as well.At least the best look in my opinion.Maybe I will get brave and attempt the "hack"!!!
you could outline it with a sharpie, but you'll also need something that cuts precisely to make it look perfect. I like the coverage the growth gives, so it will stay until I see the guinea pig do the "sweet cut".

Quick Reply: Hack that mudflap off!